12

Little too fast

No matter how much it hurts right now, one day you will look back and realize your struggles have changed you for the best.

Jimmy is now a successful fashion designer who recently came back from the States and was asked to appear in a variety show.

I'm not certain how long it will take.

I have to resist everything.

Hide all the truth in my heart.

Every time we meet,

Every time you turn to me,

I pretend to be still.

Do you know how much I have to force myself to work?

Can you hear that? 

My heart is telling you I love you.

But I cannot reveal my true feelings to everyone.

Someday. Although I love you. However, I feel you.

However, deep inside, isn't brave enough.

Sam's sing her newly composed song. I suddenly remember mesmerizing our dreams way back then. Time flies so fast. It feels like just yesterday. It's just we've been talking about it recently, but now, look at us where we are right now.

That's it. We have also fulfilled what we used to want. Now we are right here in our careers in life.

Finally, Sam, she already has her path. Many producers have lined up for her upcoming compositions.

Lyka finished two courses as a doctor and a sea woman, but she sticks to being a seafer. She got a doctorate for her family. Being a seafarer is the only job she wants.

Britney has ten books that have become movies and are very popular with viewers. She is a full-time writer right now. Scrambled by the directors. Aside from the fact that she wants to work, the quality of her story is good.

And me? Here is your designer, Jimmy.
It's not easy either, but I managed, so I'm here in my current position. All of us will encounter roller coaster life. It has ups and downs, but the moral lesson here is to learn to stand again, again, and again.

Never lose hope. Always put God first because God has a better plan for you. Just be patient, the right spots will come for you.

And Reagan? Last time I heard he was a successful photographer, girlfriend? Wife? That’s what I don’t know.

I've spent the last few months preparing for my upcoming fashion weeks. I have no time to ask where he is right now. What he did

“Yes, I'm coming!” I said on the other line.

I'm talking to Britney today. She's sending me to her celebration of another of her successful books that will be made into another movie by Star Cinema.

I'm so proud of my little phonies. They now have a steady job. Their careers are very popular, especially Britney.

I was rushing to take a bath and eat.
I just wore highway jeans and a white off-shoulder top. Furthermore, I paired it with my Korean rubber shoes. Furthermore, I preferred rubber shoes to heels. It's easier to carry than heels.

I lock my condo. Yes, you heard it right? I live in a condo here in America. Of course, it's free. I can't afford places like this yet. I immediately went down to the parking lot and drove it towards Britney.

Britney was simply having a party. When I got there, I thought we were just us.

“You're late, Jimmy,” Lyka told me.

“I'm sorry, sis. You got me drunk last night.” I complain to her.

“Wow! You're the one who wants to get drunk!” While holding a glass of wine, Sam said.

I just frowned and sat down next to Britney.

“You said so, Reagan,” Britney said.

I immediately covered her mouth because it was embarrassing that others might hear it. A man wearing a cap sat beside Sam. He just bent down as if embarrassed. I'm sure that Sam invited someone else. 

“Shut up Britney! I've already moved on!” I said, then take a letchon skin.

That's my favorite.

They gave me three reasons to look up at them. They ate together without looking at me. Furthermore, they're so weird today. 

While the man was still quietly bent over, looking at the food, I decided to ask Sam. Since he's next to her, does that mean she's with him?

“Sammy, you're not going to introduce him to me?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

While she looks so restless when she looks at me. I also noticed that she sat up straight.

I frowned at her. When I turned around, Lyka and Sam bowed at the same time. Lyka was scratching the empty plate, while Britney was scratching her food but didn't put it in her mouth. So, I just volunteered to introduce myself.

“Hi, I'm Jimmy.” I put my hand in the middle of the letchon.

When he looked up, I was shocked to see Reagan. He smiled at me and held my hand.

“Hi, I'm Reagan! It's a pleasure to meet you again, Jimmy. Long time no see, Jim,” he said, smiling.

He is mature now. He wears this Hawaiian look polo shirt with his khaki cap. Furthermore, he is also a bit white; he wears braces. His eyes are a bit seductive; his eyelashes are so perfect, his eyebrows are so in place. His shoulders, biceps, it feels like everything is at ease.

I was surprised by what I saw now. My eyes are blinking because I didn't think he was here now. How did he get here? How did he know I was here?

This is the second time I have touched his hand. I was about to pull my hand back, but the tightness of his grip made him look at me with a smile.

“Ah, yeah. My hand,” I said, and awkwardly took my hand out on his hand.

“Oh, I'm sorry,” he said, then let go of my hand.

The three stood up and left without saying a word. Get the three of you ready for me. Reagan and I suddenly had an awkward atmosphere at the table. He took something from the other chair, and I couldn't see what it was.

“Jim,” he calls me.

“Y-Yes?” I stuttered to ask him.

“I forgot to give you this,” he said, then handed over a black book.

I frowned, accepting it, but I didn't open it, so maybe he said I should open it.

“Open it,” he said. 

His shoulders are resting above my chairs. His eyes were all on me. He smiled while watching me open that book.

When I opened it, memories flashed into my mind. That's why he always carries his DSLR and takes pictures of me. From my black skin until I learned to groom. Not a day goes by that he doesn't bring his DSLR. That means from the beginning he has a picture of me.

It's an album of his stolen shots, and I'm the subject of it. Each picture has an engraved letter. Everything is here.

Tears started to fall. I looked up, and I was shocked when he was looking at me. He stood up and turned around in his seat. Not everything had sunk in when he hugged me.

“I've been loving you since day one, Jimmy,” he said while he still hugged me.

I could not move because of the tightness of his hug. This is his first hug with me.
Many questions were forming in my mind, but I chose to put them aside first. I absolutely hugged him back.

We stayed like that for a moment. Until he's the one who lets go of our hugs. But this time he let me sit on his lap. And it gives me a shiver because it was my first time sitting like that in his lap. 

He really matured. He is no longer the boy I once admired, but he is the man I once adored. He was in the middle of looking at me intently when I tried to stand up. Furthermore, he immediately held me tight. His eyes are so sincere and sparkling right now. 

“By the way, did you have a boyfriend?” he asked, while arranging the strand of my hair beside my ears. 

His hand is touching my entire face. He let it slide from my forehead, to my eyebrows, to my eyes, to my nose, and to my lips. The second time around, it gives me shivers. My throat felt like it was going to El Niño suddenly, with it being so dry.

Aside from how I feel about his actions, I also feel about how I am now while sitting on his lap.

We just saw each other again, and he acted like this. He controls me. And it makes my heart confused. 

“N-No?” she stammered an answer to him.

“No? Why is it that you're asking a question?” Reagan asked me while looking at me with a smile. 

I bite my lip and refuse to answer his question.

“Husband?” he asked while looking at me. 

“H-Huh?” 

“I mean, are you married?” 

“N-Nope” 

“Then, I'll be your groom then,” he said, and gave me the ring. 

It stunned me. That caused me to stand up from his lap and immediately remove the ring on my hand. I mean, it's like I don't like it, but it's too fast. I am not ready for this. And I have countless questions. Numerous things should be settled first before this. 

When I realized what I did, I immediately looked at the man in front of me now. Quiet and seemingly watching my actions. His eyes are a bit shaken and worried.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. It's just that it feels so surreal. I wasn't ready for this.” I said. 

His mouth tightened. He stood up and grabbed my hands and kissed them. He caressed my face, looking at me with his unread emotional eyes. And it makes me worried about it. 

“You don't need to say sorry. That would be something I'd say to you. I know, it's a little too fast, right?”