seven

The Slytherins had a badge in the shape of a crown that said WEASLEY IS OUR KING

The Slytherins had a badge in the shape of a crown that said WEASLEY IS OUR KING. It was the day of the quidditch match with Slytherin versus Gryffindor.

The balls were released and the fourteen players shot upward. Out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw Ron streak off toward the goal hoops. He zoomed higher, dodging a Bludger, and set off on a wide lap of the pitch, gazing around for a glint of gold. On the other side of the stadium, Draco Malfoy was doing exactly the same.

"And it's Johnson - Johnson with the Quaffle - what a player that girl is. I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me - "

"JORDAN!" yelled McGonagall.

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest - and she's ducked Warrington - she's passed Montague - she's - ouch - been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe. Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and - nice Bludger there from George Weasley."

Willa cheered for George, screaming his name as loud as she could.

"Oh - look at that. George's lovely girlfriend, Willa, seems to be louder than all of Gryffindor. She has a big - "

"JORDAN!"

"Just an observation, Professor. That's a Bludger to the head for Montague. He drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away - dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger - close call, Alicia - and the crowd is loving this. Just listen to them. What's that they're singing?"

And as Lee paused to listen, the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands.

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why all Slytherins sing,
Weasley is our king.

Willa's eye twitched. She so badly wanted to smack those Slytherins in the face. She liked George's company, and it was not fair for his younger brother to be made fun of.

" - and Alicia passes back to Angelina! " Lee exclaimed. "So it's the first test for new Gryffindor Keeper, Weasley, brothers of Beaters, Fred and George, and a promising new talent on the team - come on, Ron! "

The Slytherins sang even louder:

WEASLEY WAS BORN IN A BIN,
HE ALWAYS LETS THE QUAFFLE IN...

Willa got a good look at who was conducting the Slytherins. She growled. "That pug-faced Parkinson!"

A Bludger hit Harry in the back and he flew forward off his broom. Luckily, he was only five or six feet above the ground, having dived so low to catch the Snitch, but he was winded all the same as he landed flat on his back on the frozen pitch. He heard Madam Hooch's shrill whistle, an uproar in the stands compounded of catcalls, angry yells and jeering. Gryffindor won.

Angelina flew toward Harry, sliding off her broom. "Are you all right?"

"Course I am," said Harry grimly, taking her hand and allowing her to pull him to his feet.

Draco snorted from behind Harry, drawing attention to himself. "Did you like my lyrics, Potter?"

Harry did not answer. He turned away to meet the rest of the team who were now landing one by one, yelling and punching the air in triumph - all except Ron, who had dismounted from his broom over by the goalposts and was making his way slowly back to the changing rooms alone. Willa was making her way down to the field to have a few words with Draco, knowing very well he and Pansy had come up with the lyrics.

"We wanted to write another couple of verses!" Malfoy called. "But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly. We wanted to sing about his mother. See - "

"Talk about sour grapes," scoffed Angelina, casting Malfoy a disgusted look.

" - we couldn't fit in useless loser either - for his father, you know - "

Fred and George had realized what Malfoy was talking about. They stiffened, looking around at Draco.

"Leave it," said Angelina, grabbing Fred by the arm. "Leave it, Fred. Let him yell, he's just sore he lost - "

" - but you like the Weasleys, don't you, Potter?" Draco sneered. "Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles, even the Weasleys' hovel smells okay - "

Willa stalked up to Draco and punched him square across the jaw, causing him to fall to the dirt, holding his jaw as he stared at her in shock. Everyone was shocked, eyes wide and jaws slacking.

"You - "

"What, gonna tell your Death Eater father about this, Malfoy?" Willa spat out.

"What would you know? At least I have a father. You're a bloody orphan who howls every month," Draco sneered as his teammates helped him up. "No better than that Lupin professor.

George stalked forward, drew his fist, and punched Draco in the opposite side of the jaw Willa previously punched. Harry had let go of the snitch in his hand, letting it zoom into Draco's gut. By the time Madam Hooch broke the brawl apart, Draco was curled on the ground, George had a cut on his lips, and Fred was being restrained by three Chasers.

"Don't," breathed George, "talk about her like that."

Willa stared in shock at George's back.