eight

Willa, the twins, and Harry had barely reached the door of Professor McGonagall's office when she came marching along the corridor behind them

Willa, the twins, and Harry had barely reached the door of Professor McGonagall's office when she came marching along the corridor behind them. She looked absolutely livid.

"In!" she said furiously, pointing to the door.

The four teenagers entered. She strode around behind her desk and faced them, quivering with rage.

"Well? I have never seen such a disgraceful exhibition. Three onto one! Explain yourselves!" she demanded.

"Malfoy provoked us," said Harry stiffly.

"Provoked you?" asked McGonagall, slamming a fist onto her desk so that her tartan biscuit tin slid sideways off it and burst open. "He'd just lost, hadn't he? Of course he wanted to provoke you! But what on earth he can have said that justified what you three - "

"He insulted my parents," snarled George. "And Harry's mother and Willa's - " He gestured with his hands.

"He said I was cursed because of Greyback," said Willa.

McGonagall cleared her throat. "Well, that's unfair to you, Miss Jackel, but instead of leaving it to Madam Hooch to sort out, you three decided to give an exhibition of Muggle dueling? Have you any idea what you've - "

"Hem, hem."

The four teenagers spun around. Umbridge was standing in the doorway wrapped in a green tweed cloak.

"May I help, Professor McGonagall?" asked in a sweet voice.

Blood rushed into McGonagall's face. She was absolutely sick of Umbridge's educational decrees and sickly pink outfits. If it was possible, Professor McGonagall's face seemed to pale even more as Umbridge said;

"I was reading out our amendment 'The High Inquisitor will henceforth have supreme authority over all punishments, sanctions, and removal of privileges pertaining to the students of Hogwarts, and the power to alter such punishments, sanctions, and removals of privileges as may have been ordered by other staff members. Signed, Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic, Order of Merlin First Class, etc., etc...' She rolled up the parchment and put it back into her handbag, still smiling. "So...I really think I will have to ban these two from playing Quidditch ever again, " she said, looking from Harry to George. "And I can deal with Miss Jackel accordingly."

Harry felt the Snitch fluttering madly in his hand. "Ban us?" he asked. "From playing ever again?"

"Yes, Mr.Potter, I think a lifelong ban ought to do the trick," said Umbridge. "You and Mr.Weasley here. And I think, to be safe, this young man's twin ought to be stopped too - if his teammates had not restrained him, I feel sure he would have attacked young Mr. Malfoy as well. I will want their broomsticks confiscated, of course. I shall keep them safely in my office to make sure there is no infringement on my ban. But I am not unreasonable, Professor McGonagall. The rest of the team can continue playing. I saw no signs of violence from them. Well, good afternoon to you. Miss Jackel, if you'll please come with me to my office for your punishment," she said as she turned around to leave.

Willa shared a look with George. His hand reached for hers and she gave it a squeeze.

"Now, Miss Jackel," called Umbridge.

Willa let go of George's hand and followed after Umbridge.