fourteen

After dessert that night, Molly ushered the kids upstairs for sleep

After dessert that night, Molly ushered the kids upstairs for sleep. Once she believed them to be asleep, she retired into her own room with Arthur. George opened the door and peeked out. He was sharing a room with the boys.

"Where's he going?" asked Ron.

"To snog Willa," answered Fred.

George rolled his eyes and opened the door further, tip-toeing out to the room next door. Willa was brushing Ginny's hair for her, taking out the braids Fred had done earlier that day so that her hair wouldn't be a curly mess in the morning. Ginny, having seen George in the mirror, turned around to look at Willa.

"I think that's George by the door."

Willa turned around and smiled gently. "Yeah, that's him. Got it from here, Ginny?"

Ginny nodded, grabbing the hairbrush from Willa's hand as she walked to the door, stepping outside to join George. They quietly walked downstairs, passing by the parlor room with goals of going into the kitchen.

"Late night snack or secret couple things I shouldn't tell Molly about?"

The two stopped at the voice and turned around.

"Sirius, you bloody gave me a heart attack," said George.

Willa waved at him. "Hello."

"So? What are you two up to?"

George and Willa looked at each other before facing Sirius.

"I'm not sure," answered Willa.

"Snogging?" asked George.

Willa smacked his stomach. "Idiot."

Sirius chuckled, shooing them away with the book in his hand. "Do what you have to do. To be young again."

Willa laughed quietly, grabbing George's hand to drag him into the kitchen.

"So, what'd you want?" asked Willa.

"Oh. Um - "

Willa raised an eyebrow. "There must be a reason, right? For you to come in my room."

"Yeah, I... Are you a time traveler? Because I see you in my future," he blurted out.

"Huh? Wait... You're my secret admirer?"

George nodded. "I've been interested in you since last year. I never had the guts to do anything since now."

Willa nodded slowly. "I just... Wait, we never talked to each other until this year."

George blushed. "Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean I didn't like you. I thought you were cool and beautiful. Most girls are reserved or attention-seeking, but you're just you, and I love it."

"I - I don't know what to say."

George shook his head. "It's okay. I just didn't want this to be fake anymore. Fred had come up with the whole idea of fake dating to get us closer."

"It was a lie?" she asked.

He nodded. "Sorry about that. Fred marches to the beat of his own drum and it's usually me following after him. I didn't want to lie to you, but he honestly gave me the push I needed."

"Well, I'm glad then - that Fred did that."

"Why?"

"Because I like you too," she answered.

She stepped forward and pressed her lips against his. His hands rested by her hips and he kissed her back. Sirius opened the door slightly, peeking through the door before fully walking in.

"So it was snogging."

The couple broke apart, looking at Sirius before looking at each other and laughing.

"Up for hot chocolate, Mr. Black?" asked Willa.

"Oh - please, and call me Sirius. Mr. Black was my father."