IV

X looked at his communicator reading all the messages over and over again. He knew it wasn't really healthy to just sit in his base and try to understand one painting. He was bored, nothing had happened after the watcher tower incident. He had been trying to understand the painting, but had given up when he had got no answers. Of course he didn't completely give up. He was trying to find Poultry Man. Life was boring without any supernatural events or buildings from god like creatures. Then his communicator buzzed. A new message.

Grian: what the heck is a T-flop!?!?

Mumbo: I don't even know anymore.

X was disappointed that it wasn't anything too exiting. Well, it did at give him a chuckle.

Grian: can I just go back to building? This redstone stuff really doesn't suit me.

X had decited to stop wasting time on trying to find Poultry man and decided to stick with the next option, Grian. He had already told Grian about the watchers, so he could talk to him. Grian was a good listener.

X put the painting in his inventory.

Xisuma was flying over to Grian's base, when his elytra broke.

He fell into the deep ocean that was between the two bases. The water was cold, colder than usually. Winter was coming. He got some water in his nose, mouth and ears. Whe water was so salty. When Xisuma was finally able to swim to the surface a giant wave crashed over him. At that moment X realized that he couldn't swim to his friend's base on his own. He needed to get help.

Xisuma: anybody near Grian's base? I'm.. probaply gonna drown soon.

---------------------------------------------------------

Grian saw the message and and rushed to his friend. It did take him a little while to find him, but when he did he immediately grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the water. Of course he couldn't just let him have a free ride.

Grian flew higher into the sky and made sure that he was over water, not land. He flied in circles for a few minutes. X had a bad feeling about it. Suddently Grian dropped his friend. "Gri-Grian! What are you doing!?"

X could just see the ocean coming closer and closer. At the last second Grian grapped Xisuma's leg.

"Oww! What'd you do that for?"

Grian chuckled. He had a shit-eating grin on his face. Xisuma glared at Grian. "I'll forgive you this time, because I want to talk to you." X was still hanging upside down. Grian looked confused and flew to his base. Grian dropped X on his the hard concrete of his base. Xisuma frowned.

"I came here to talk about this painting." X took the weird painting out of his inventory. Grian was shocked. "O-oh.. is this one of your 'watcher' things again?"

"Actually, yes."

"Well then. I assume you're here to talk about that painting. Have you tried to look on the flipside of the painting?"

"What?"

"Like.. take it out of the frames and turn it over?"

X carefully took the painting out of the frames. He and Grian were shocked when they saw the message written in mysterious symbols. "˙⧸ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᒋ,᛫ヿ̣⍑ᒷ᛫ꖎᒋ߆‎ヿ̣᛫ⅰ!ꖎᒋǁᒷ∷᛫⎓∷フᒲ᛫ᒷ⍊フ᛫¦߆‎᛫߆‎ᒋ⎓ᒷ᛫∴¦ヿ̣⍑᛫ǁフ⚍,᛫⦣⚍ヿ̣᛫∴ᒷ᛫ソᒷᒷ⟍̅᛫⍑¦ᒲ᛫⦣ᒋꝇꖌ.₋."

(Since it is a pretty long message and I seriously don't expect anyone to translate that this is what it means "Xelqua, the last player from EVO is safe with you, but we need him back.)

Xisuma had learned galactic many years before and because of that he could read bits and pieces of the message. He eventually guessed the rest of it. "Xelqua? I don't know anyone named Xelqua? Did I read that right?" Grian looked at the message in pure horror. Why now? Grian shook his head in fear. He couldn't leave now. He had a role as a hero. Then a smirk crept up on his face. Look's like he finally had a real enemy. Not just a playful civil war with the other hermits, but a real fight. Then his smirk faded when he realised the danger all of his friends were in. They were basically all in hardcore mode now. Everyone exept him of course, the watchers wanted him alive and they wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone in order to get him.

Grian looked X. "Well... you better go figure that out. Better find this 'Xelqua' guy before it's too late." Xisuma nodded. He tried to fly away until he remembered that his elytra had broke. He walked into the nether portal like nothing had happened. Grian just looked trying not to laugh. Then he checked who were online. Scar, Cleo, Xisuma, him and Cub. None of them should have anything to do with Grian right now. He took some string and his chicken- and watcher masks. He tied them together in a way that hid the watcher mask. He did it, so he would have the mask with him even when he was Poultry Man without raising any suspicion.

(This is what I personally think it would look like)

Grian knew he needed to have the mask with him at all times

Grian knew he needed to have the mask with him at all times. The watchers could sneak up on him at any time.

He was debating whether or not tell someone about the situation to someone. He decided not to. It would only cause fear. He didn't want that. The watchers only wanted him, no one else needed to get hurt. Of course he wasn't going to leave without a fight, but no one else needed to get involved.

Grian noticed that the sun was setting. He couldn't refuse the offer of taking his normal nightly patrol. It might be one of his last. He saw Circuit on his way to the rocket shop. Of course he wasn't there to buy, but he stopped to talk to his friend. "Hi Circuit. What are you doing here this late?" Circuit almost jumped when he felt his friend's arm on his shoulder. "Don't sneak up on me like that!" Poultry man chuckled. "I may be gone for the next few... um.. maybe the next few month's? I'm not sure." Circuit looked at his friend. "What- Why!?" "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you."

Circuit just stood there for a bit until he suddently hugged his feathered friend, lifting him in the air. "Just.. be sure to inform me when you come back."

---------------------------------------------------------

It may have taken three whole chapters, but there was finally at least some action.

Words: 1086