VIII

Mumbo's POV
Location: Mumbo's base

I said bye to EX, but he didn't seem to notice. It had been a long day for the both of us. At least I think it has been a long day for EX. He was a very strange person to say the least. Grian didn't think much of it, but wasn't it a bit strange that he had been missing for about an year and then he just appeared one day?

When I arrived at my base I saw Xisuma. He ran to me with a worried look on his face. "Oh thank god you're fine- or.. no. Now I don't know who it was!" I could see that he had a look of genuine worry on his face.

I never saw that look on EX's face.

Then Xisuma grabbed my arm and started dragging me somewhere. He didn't stop until we were in front of a small puddle of some red liquid. It was thick like.. "Is that..?" He just nodded. "I- I gotta go."

I knew exactly whose blood it was.

X tried to stop me from running away, he even tried to grab my leg while I was in the air, but I got away. For a while I didn't hear anything, but then I started hearing rockets from behind me.

---------------------------------------------------------

EX's POV
Location: Grian's base

I was going to bed when I heard a loud thump from the bottom floor. I got up to see who was there only to find Mumbo who had crashed onto the giant villager powered farm.

'So annoing.'

"Are you ok?" I stared at him. He laughed a bit, then I heard rockets from outside the base. "Crap- I gotta go!" I grabbed a trident and opened the floor to Grian's secret layer. I quickly jumped down there and left Mumbo with whoever was following him.

I landed safely on the water and heard the entrance close behind me. I climbed out of the egg and looked around. One of the chickens was rubbing against me so I pushed it away. Grian really was as good at building as they said he was.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Too bad nothing lasts forever.

I shook my head and smiled. Either Grian was too gullible or my acting was too good. I jumped off the egg and sat down on the cold stone. "I left the mask in my pocket, right?" I searched for the mask and relaxed a bit when I found it.

"Welp, I better get going." I put the mask on and opened a portal to the watchers base. I wanted to see Xelqua.

---------------------------------------------------------

Grian's POV
Location: Dark room

"Why did you kidnap me?" It was the last question. "Simple, you're powerful." She smirked and stood up. "Looks like the game has ended." Her voice was cold and emotionless. She turned around to face the door and just stood there for few seconds, then she left.

I reached for the box that was full of my stuff. After a while of looking through everything nice I saw the watcher mask. I grabbed it, but I didn't put it on. I just stared at it.

Few minutes later I heard talking from somewhere outside the room. I managed to get myself to the door and started to listen to the two voices.

"Just let me inside the room."

"That's too risky, what if he's awake?"

"I'm going in."

'Shit.' I heard footsteps coming closer to me and started backing away from the door. Just as I got to the bed the door opened. I closed my eyes and acted like I was sleeping. "See? He's asleep." I couldn't recognize the voice, but it was oddly familiar. It didn't belong to X or Y, but I still knew it.

I heard a sigh and then footsteps. "I guess you were right."

---------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV
Location: Grian's base

Xisuma stopped his flight right infront of Mumbo. "Why did you fly here?" Xisuma looked his friend in the eyes, but Mumbo quickly looked away. "I- I'm sorry, but I can't tell you." Xisuma was disappointed. "You know whose blood it is don't you?"

Mumbo nodded in defeat. Then Xisuma heard pistons closing behind Mumbo. "What was that?" Xisuma pushed Mumbo away and took out his pickaxe.

Then he started digging until he found the entrance to the secret layer. He jumped down and landed inside the egg. Mumbo tried to stop him and jumped down as well, but froze when he saw where he was. It was an egg shaped room with two egg farms on the sides. Right infront of them was the Poultry Man costume.

Xisuma was shocked too, but he quickly climbed out of the egg and looked around. He was in a big terraformed cave. He jumped off the egg and saw a person with a watcher mask on. He was walking through a portal.

"Hey! You!" Xisuma sprinted torwards and jumped through the portal shortly after the other person had walked through it. He didn't seem to notice Xisuma.

---------------------------------------------------------

Mumbo's POV
Location: Poultry cave

The realization hit me harder than a brick. Grian was Poultry man. I noticed that X was climbing out off the egg, but I didn't take my eyes off the costume.

'Should I tell Iskall?'

It wasn't until I heard X yelling that I climbed out of the egg. He was running into some kind of a portal.

"Wait- X!"

---------------------------------------------------------

The betrayal had to happen at some point!

Words: 916