IV

{Author's Note}

{Hello Readers! 50 reads already!? Thank you all so much! I have couple things I need to bring to your attention real quick.

Firstly, there will soon be a new perspective. It's gonna be Erin's perspective (aka Aurey or Aureylian) but I'm not getting rid of anybody else's perspective

Secondly, Sydeny's perspective is usually gonna be shorter than the other perspectives, just because there are less characters around her perspective. So sorry!

Lastly, I want you to know I love all the youtubers I mention. If they have some unfavourable traits in the story, I'm just trying to devolop them, or I want to keep it intresting. I have nothing against any of them.

Thank you again for all your reads, votes, comments, and feedback!}

Ashley:

“Turn around!” I yelped, focusing on the hand. All the boys whipped around and starred at the creature in anguish as a terrifying, yet humanly, monster revealed itself. It planted its bloody palms against the pane, and banged on it fiercely. “Okay, time to go!” Mitch called, pointing to the garage. “What about Louise?” Jerome asked, terrified. “We’ll find her. But we need to go!” I replied quickly, snatching his hand and rushing him to the garage. “You coming Ryan?” Mitch asked, turning around swiftly, glancing at Ryan. “y-Yeah.” Ryan pulled his gaze away from the monster, and followed, almost reluctantly. We all piled into Jerome’s car, but Mitch drove. 

“So, where are we going right now?” I asked. “To rescue Louise. Or to try at least.” Mitch replied, with a hint of remorse. “We could have handled a single zombie, you know.” Ryan growled. “We need to move anyway. Bunkering down isn’t a solution right now.” Mitch challenged him. There was no response, and we drove on in silence. The road was littered with corpse like beings. Some were remarkably fast, but nothing to compare to the car. Especially now that speed limits were non existent now. Within a good twenty minutes of driving, we came to the site of the government’s safe haven. It was basically a fenced pit, full of refugees. “I don’t like this at all.” Mitch muttered. There were six armed officers guarding the camp, and a line of people waiting to register their names to get in. “I don’t want us all blindly going in. I’ll go in, get Louise, and meet you guys by that parking lot over there.” Mitch explained, gesturing toward an abandoned parking lot, a block or two away. “I’ll come too.” I volunteered boldly. “Did you not just hear me? I don’t want us all in there, in case… Well, if something happens.” The way he said it came off rather harsh, and I glanced at him in a bit of shock. “We can find her quicker. I..” Mitch cut me off quickly. “We’re wasting time. Sorry Ash.” He then left with that. Ryan leaned towards Jerome and whispered something. Luckily, men aren’t exceptionally well at whispering sometimes, and it was quite audible what he said. “I wish he would’ve taken her. Then we would haft to listen to her whine.” I was offended for a moment, but blew it off. We were at the end of the world, and it wasn’t time to take offense to such petty issues. “Who’s driving then?” I asked. Suddenly, I felt anxiety at the thought of Ryan driving us, so I tossed the keys to Jerome. “Jerome it is. Let’s go.” He switched seats so he could sit in the driver’s seat and put the keys in, and started the car. We pulled out, and were about to leave for the parking lot, when we saw itch and Louise emerge together at the gates. “Never mind, we can wait for them here.” Jerome stated. They were leaving, but the guards stopped them. There seemed to be some sort of conflict, and Mitch began to look angry. Louise suddenly looked even more scared than she did earlier. Then, a guard pointed his gun at Mitch, and he backed up, hands up. I gasped in confusion and fear, but suddenly, ear shattering screeches erupted from within the gates. the guard stared at the gates, baffled and distracted. Mitch took the opportunity to throw a good punch at him, knocking him to the ground. The gun came clattering at his feet, and he snatched it, quickly holding the other guards at gunpoint. He yelled something at them, then took off toward our car with Louise. The guards turned away, and focused on the terrified screams from within. Within moments, Louise and Smith piled into the car with us. “Drive!” Mitch whispered, gasping violently. Jerome slammed on the gas pedal, and we took off at a ridiculous speed. They had both jumped into the closest door he could reach, which happened to be where I was sitting. He had practically jumped on top of me, and was sitting right next to me, catching his breath. “Are you okay?” I asked compassionately, resting my hand lightly on his shoulder. He shook his head ‘No.’ “Those screams.” He spoke between breaths. “They were screaming because the zombies… They got in….Death trap..” Nobody interrupted him, but he stopped speaking. Gradually, his breathing became naturally. “Louise, you came back.” Jerome murmured, obviously shocked but overjoyed. “Yeah,” she murmured guiltily. She turned to look at Mitch and I for a moment. “I’m so sorry I didn’t trust you guys. It was a trap. They wanted to contain as many people as possible, so that when they… turned, they could be contained. They wouldn’t let us go either.” She explained. “That’s actually really clever.” Ryan sneered. I starred at him in shock, and he looked back at me with his cold glare. “Well, we’re all together to now. That’s all that matters.” Jerome stated clearly.