A fool, but a good friend?

Naruto Pov:

It is 2'oclock in the morning and I cannot seem to fall asleep. My thoughts are plagued with troubles after Sasuke left the village, team 7 had not been the same. It seems that tensions have risen between the leaf village and the Akatsuki. No matter what I needed to protect my precious friends from all harm. I rolled over in bed, head facing my pillows, and quietly wept as all my repressed emotions leaked. 

(The very next morning)

"ahh!" I screamed as my clock went off and quickly jumped out of bed grabbing an apple from my kitchen and walking out the door. Today I had training, with Guy sensei, he had offered to teach me his legendary taijutsu moves.  

"ahahahah...NARUTO!" Guy sensei shouted out in excitement, paired with a bright smile. "Today we will be learning about the LEGENDARY speed in my taijutsu moves" he stated with a toothy grin and thumbs up. 

"This is awesome," I thought mentally. This was the skill Rock Lee used when battling Gaara at the genin exams. His sheer speed enabled him to move faster than Gaara's sand which was impressive at the time since Gaara was one of the best ninjas there(In my opinion). I needed to master this if I was going to partake in Lady Tsunade's new mission she had appointed me. She told me that Gaara needed to be escorted to the Leaf Village, stating he would not come unless I was part of the group escorting him. However, the old lady would only allow me if I have proven my skills had improved. Ahhh....geez that old lady did know how to grind my gears. Anyways, this is how I spent two weeks training with Guy sensei, placing weights at my ankles, slowly increasing the weight. Truly a method of torture!

(Two weeks Later)

I headed to Lady Tsunade's office to receive my official mission and was surprised to see both Sai and Yamato sensei there. 

I gawked and yelled "H-hey!, I thought this was a one-man mission. Old lady Tsunade I can handle this mission on my own...ya know!" 

"Naruto!" She yelled surprising me, making me take a step back. 

"This mission is dangerous! For BOTH you and Gaara, having a tailed beast inside this makes you a prime target if you didn't already know. We need to make sure if anything happens to either of you backup is nearby" she firmly stated. Making me pout of course this made sense to me but my pride had the better of me in this situation and so I did not speak for the rest of the duration. Swiftly she went over the route and checkpoints of this plan and soon enough we were at the village's gates. Determined to prove my abilities and excited to see my friend, my team dashed in the south direction.

"I'm coming Gaara" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

"yo yo yo"

My Yaoi fanatics, I thought Wattpad needed a new NarutoxGaara fanfic, I certainly did. This is my first time writing here, so, I am pretty excited, I will try to update every Friday and Wednesday. This first chapter is kinda slow.....but as you guys it is always calm before the storm. Anyways, you can refer to me as Proxi and if you guys have any suggestions for the story please message me. I enjoy reading comments and I hope you guys like the story. 

Proxi....out!