Confusion

Third Person Pov:

As the ninja friends arrived at the Kazekage's office, both Yamato and Sai were already waiting for them. The yellow-haired ninja ran up to them, apologizing for not staying with the group as it was intended of him. While Gaara took a seat on the office chair and began searching for a specific report paper. Once he had located the paper, he headed towards the chatty group of leaf ninjas handing them the paper.

"This is the form of agreement from Suna and needs to be read to explain the route and checkpoints we will be taking during our travels." Gaara said.

"Yes, thank you Kazekage-sama", Yamato responded.

With this the three ninjas politely excused themselves, leaving Gaara, to go over the details on the report. 

Gaara Pov:

(Sigh) I ran my hand over my scalp, as I was relieved Naruto had finally left, so I could recollect my thoughts of last night. Surely, I must be going insane, why was I so flustered yesterday. What was this feeling I thought, annoyed I couldn't place my hand on it. What had he done to make Naruto feel like touching him? Even this morning, I had woken up when I felt him brushing against my forehead, a new but, pleasant feeling I had discovered. Thinking about this now, the tattoo felt hot, remembering Naruto's touch. Wondering what brought Naruto to do such a thing, did friends normally do that? Did Naruto usually do that to his other friends, just the thought of this made my fists clench clearly not liking the thought of Naruto touching others. Still, confused and with even more questions plaguing his mind, he decided to push away the topic for the rest of the day focusing on his pending work. 

Time Skip: 6:00pm

After looking at the clock, I noticed it was time to head home, but something compelled me to head to the training grounds to see the leaf ninjas as I had been informed by one of my men. When I reached the grounds I saw both Naruto and the black-haired ninja; however, no sign of their team leader. From afar I saw both ninjas sparring with each other, Naruto using his shadow clones to attack the other while the other ninja made ink clones to counter his attack. But before any of them won, Naruto caught a glimpse of me and being distracted, one of the Ninja's Beast clones hit Naruto throwing him to the ground. Worried, and with quick strides, I headed towards the injured blonde. Before, I reached him the black-haired ninja already had Naruto, reaching for his arm putting his hand across his shoulder in attempt to help him balance on his feet. Awkwardly laughing and placing his free hand on the back of this head Naruto claimed to be ok, but this only caused his friend to place his hand around his waist for a better grip of him. 

Upon seeing this I reached for Naruto grabbing him from the front collar and pulling him towards me, causing him to stumble into my arms. 

Naruto Pov:

I stood there my arms wrapped around Gaara in complete shock. Before, this situation prolonged, I removed my hands and stood straight in order to face Sai. 

"Hahaha....sorry Sai I wasn't paying attention to the fight" I claimed. 

This did nothing to lighten up the mood as Sai still stared at me with confused eyes and back at Gaara, which stared with his usual stoic look. 

"Let's head back, its turning dark and it is almost time to pack for our journey," Gaara said.

Sai quickly agreed and so did I relieved to do anything in order to get out of this situation. Gaara turned around and began walking first, then followed by Sai, and slowly I crept behind. Still dazed by the event, I touched my chest feeling the heat emanating as it felt like thousands of ants were crawling around. Was it from the impact? I thought. Soon enough we reached our headquarters, and Gaara had headed towards his home to prepared for the long journey. Yamato was already done packing and looking over the plan to escort the Kazekage back to Konoha.   

Third Person Pov:

At the dead of night three ninjas could be seen skipping through the houses of Suna heading to its gate where the Kazekage had already been standing. 

" GAARA! Oi, We're here" Naruto shouted excitedly. 

As they descended, Naruto caught Gaara's eyes and even for a slight moment, it seemed like the redhead's face softened upon seeing his friend. One last time the Team leader went over the route, checkpoints, and backup plans. Everyone prepared, stood in a line, and rushed into the dark desert only illuminated by the large moon. But most excited was Naruto to head back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Oh, man I should be working on my finals instead of writing fanfic, but I just couldn't help myself. I was also thinking of writing another GaaraxNaruto fanfic beginning in May; however, in an Alternate Universe. So far, I think this story has been pretty hard since Gaara's character is hard to put yourself in his shoes. I am trying to stay true to his usual cold nature. 

I was also wondering if you guys figured out who's a top and who's a bottom. 

Proxi.....out