*Restart*

Awoken by the sizzling sound of two perfectly sunny-side eggs cooking, Gaara slowly lifted himself from the messy bed. He reached for his hair trying to calm down his unruly bedhead. Just as he remembered he had yet another meeting with the Hokage, quickly pulling himself from the mattress only to come crashing down onto the floor from the shock of pain protruding from his lower back. Within seconds of falling, Naruto had rushed in to see Gaara sprawled out on the floor. 

"Are you ok?", he worriedly asked.

Completely ignoring the question he said, "I have another meeting scheduled today with Lady Tsunade, I cannot miss it again". To which Naruto briefly replied:

"It's only 7 in the morning, your meeting isn't till 9".

Gaara felt idiotic, he furrowed his invisible brows and pinched his nose bridge as he stood up, trying to act like the movement did not incite pain. Naruto only chuckled and smiled warmly at the sight of the sand ninja only to resume his kitchen duties. Gaara propped himself onto the bed and slipped on new ninja clothes, his previous attire now draped the floor of the bedroom, where they had been trampled on and some even wet from what he hoped to be water. Anyway, he left the mess thinking it was one of the lesser problems. As he finished off buttoning his cloak he could not help but notice the various marks plaguing his body, such as the ones he's gotten during battles, but unlike those scars, he weirdly didn't want these to disappear. He wondered why the previous day continued to raise more questions, it just proved to the redhead that he was not as knowledgeable as he always believed himself to be. He finally decided to face this situation directly, instead of jumping out the window, like he unconsciously wanted to. 

A deep breath.

He stood up determined to find his answers and maybe his own feelings. As he entered the kitchen, his eyes landed upon the blond attempting to cook. Naruto now noticing Gaara at the doorway scurried around and led him to the table where he made sure to sit the red-head down. Naruto made his way back, bringing two plates of food placing them on the table as he sat down. 

"I had trouble finding the items in your fridge, so I went out to buys some", Naruto said. 

Gaara only nodded and replied with a, "Thank you".

Usually a very picky eater, he would have declined such a heavy meal in the morning; however, he did not want to upset Naruto, who seemingly put his serious effort in. As he began eating he tried to not pay any attention to Naruto who stared at him. Halfway through the meal, Gaara couldn't take it any longer, "stop starring at me, you will kill me".

Naruto flushed. Looking away, "Sorry, it's just my first time making food for someone else".

The response made Gaara feel guilty; he understood that Naruto grew up alone, but would often forget how lonely Naruto felt as he was always surrounded by his friends. Even Gaara wasn't able to empathize with this emotion; although, neglected he was never truly alone he grew up with his siblings, and although his father despised him his presence was still of a father figure. Naruto in turn had none of these, no siblings to lean upon, and no parental support. Perhaps, last night was a reciprocation of how much both yearned to be embraced by another who was neither friend nor family but tied by a stronger bond.

Looking over at the blonde who scrapped his eggs onto his fork and into his mouth, he decided to accept how he felt. 

"Hey", Gaara began saying, as Naruto looked up puzzled Garra even uttered a word.

"Can you kiss me?", he ended.

The red-head gazed at the blue eyes that stared back, those gems so beautiful he envied, he caught his reflection in them which mirrored his anxious and expectant look.

Wide-eyed, Naruto had no time to be surprised as he jumped out of his seat, moved around the table, and leaned down to kiss the pretty boy. The kiss was much more composed and slow, but no less passionate, Naruto gripped the other's waist and pulled him out the seat, and guided him onto the sofa. Gaara quickly pulled away as his mind was telling him this was his only chance to make it to work. 

" I have to get to work now, I'll see you later, thank you", Gaara made his way out the door while trying to unwrinkle his clothes.

"Okay, I'll see you........*door closes*.......at work later.......", he mumbled the last words to himself. 

Wait...thank you? he thought. Wondering if he meant the for the food or the kiss. Just thinking about the kiss made him giddy as he fell back into the sofa he flailed his arms in celebration of his new love. 

Taking a large breath he got his act together, he also needed to begin his day. He had a couple of low ranking missions to carry out now that he had recuperated from his wound, and at the end of the day would need to report back to the Hokage per usual. Gaara would most likely be there and Naruto couldn't wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omg yall, I don't like this chapter, I was drawing a blank for most of it.

Sorry,

xoxoxoxox

-Proxi out