Gaara the Kazekage

Naruto's pov:

The Sand Village's gates came into view and I grew excited to meet Gaara again. There was always something that intrigued me about him. I was not sure whether it was the stoic personality or the fact that we both had a tailed beast and similar backgrounds. Either way, I was determined to complete this mission successfully, it is my ninja way. Once we had arrived we were escorted into the Kazekage's office. The doors opened and I saw Gaara looking serious signing off papers, only looking up to find us standing at the door.

"Hi-ya Gaara," I said with a goofy grin. As a response, I only received an "mmm" from him and turned to Yamato-sensei waiting for his instructions.

"Good Evening Lord Kazekage, we are here to escort you to the Leaf Villiage, we will be leaving tomorrow night, please wrap-up with your duties. Now please excuse us we will be heading off to rest. " Yamato-sensei said. Both Sai and Yamato sensei left the room and headed off; however, I decided to stay and wait for Gaara to complete his work. Gaara turned to me obviously confused about the fact that I was still in his office. Damn, I thought could his eyes be any more angelic.

"So watcha doing?", I asked trying to alleviate the obviously tense atmosphere.

" I am finishing up paperwork for the new development here in Suna, don't worry I'll be done in just a minute," Gaara said emotionless. I couldn't help but notice how soft his voice sounded, which made my skin shiver.

"hahaha.....cool," I said embarrassed trying to act like that did not just happen.

Gaara's pov:

I stared at Naruto waiting for him to continue talking; however, instead, he swiftly looked away, staring out the windows, seemingly waiting for me to finish my work. I looked down at the stack of papers on my table....sighed...and placed my pen down. As I stood up, Naruto hearing the sound of my chair turned around and asked:

"oh, are you done?....wait there are still papers on your desk?"

"It's ok I'll just have Temari look over them, it seems like you're tired, how about you go and rest," I said.

"Ugh....nooooooo! I don't want to go and rest I want to stay with you. Lets-" he was cut off by the sound of his growling stomach. The ninja laughed embarrassed by the sound and scratched his head. "Hey I have an idea, let's go get some ramen" ordered Naruto cheerfully. Amused at my ninja friend I agreed with his request.

Naruto's pov:

We headed to a nearby stand ordered some food and I noticed Gaara was clearly still uncomfortable around many people, especially his own village people. I suggested sitting in a bench outside which was rather empty since it was reaching nighttime and the only source of light was a streetlamp overhead. As we sat down, I could not contain my hunger and dived in filling, my cheeks to the brim.

"Pfft".....chuckled Gaara. I looked up utterly surprised to see him smiling at me. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Ah! maybe I was eating to fast. After hitting my chest a couple of times, I looked back up only to find Gaara still starring at me. Woah maybe it was the moonlight, but Gaara seemed different, everything around him seemed to sparkle. I shook my head and when I was about to take my next bite everything went dark.

Gaara's pov

Bam! Naruto's head face-planted onto his noodle bowl. Surprised I lifted his head and shook his shoulders to see if he was harmed. Only then I noticed him snoring, he must have been exhausted since the trip to Suna took several days. What do I do? I thought to myself. I don't know where his team is staying and I cannot leave my friend out here. I looked at his tired and uncomfortable face..... I sighed heavily and thought ok.......

let's go to my house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Woah...don't we love a caring man? I hope this chapter is up to your expectations. I know it seems that this is progressing way to fast now but do not worry....I will have yall on an emotional rollercoaster in the next few chapters. Remember patience is a virtue.

Proxi....out~