It's a Trap!

Naruto was devastated those 15 days seemed like an eternity. It hurt his pride, even more, when Gaara did not return after what had happened. He only had one thought buzzing around in his ear...did Gaara hate him?

UGH! Naruto ruffled his hair, he was definatly overthinking this.

Gaara Pov: 

I had just finished a 3 hour long conference meeting with the Hokage and the leaf elders and was on my way to my apartment. Tired I let my mind wander off not particularly of anything important. Feeling homesick, which was quite interesting as I had no place which I called home. Sure, I lived in a mansion (shut up I know I said he lived in an apartment before, just overlook this pls), with long corridors, large open spaces, and expensive paintings. However, these were only material items, the long corridors would never call and ask where I was, the expensive paintings would never show me love, and the large open spaces was my only bitter reminder that my lonely past continues to haunt me.

I chuckled in my mind, I have had this conversation with myself countless times over, always reaching the bittersweet conclusion that this empty feeling could never change...

Third Person POV:

A dazed and exhausted Gaara failed to notice the large stocky figure standing still in his walking path. A small collision between the two sent Gaara straight back into reality. A step back and he saw the reason for his problems, the person which made his heart feel heavy. 

Naruto looked particularly peeved almost seemingly mad; however, he was unaware of how unpleasant his face looked at the time. He just wanted answers. 

"Oi Gaara! Why didn't you come back? Did I upset you that night?" 

Gaara felt flustered in his current situation and reverted to the only thing he knew how to do in these situations which was to act defensively and push the problem away.

"I was busy Naruto, and about that night... it was a mistake, that should have never happened". Gaara responded,

Naruto's chest ached with the word-mistake. 

"What did you say? A mistake? Don't make me out as a fool!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Yes, a mistake I know it and you know it, now drop the subject we're outside!" Gaara said losing his patience, this conversation was dragging out too long for his comfort. He wanted to disappear.

This second time around it was not his heart that ached but his pride. To hear that his feelings could be taken so lightly by Gaara was infuriating. Grabbing Gaara by the collar he dragged him to the nearest alley all the while Gaara struggled in attempt to release himself telling Naruto to let go.  Naruto pushed Gaara into the wall keeping his hands on his collar. 

"Naruto!, let go of me, you can only take a joke so far", Gaara screamed.

A joke? Naruto thought were his feelings just a joke? Naruto's inability to use any part of his brain in complex situations made his judgment usually bad . This was one of those times. Naruto kissed Gaara in the middle of his yelling, he wasn't going to let go this time. This time around the kisses weren't deep and slow, they were rushed and harsh. Gaara was completely dominated his whole being trembled by the sheer force of the action and his common sense was compromised. As Naruto positioned his leg in between Gaara's , he was slapped. This is where he saw that Gaara was in complete tears, he looked scared. 

What. Had. He. Done. 

Shocked, he moved his trembling hand to Gaara's face and wiped away his tears. 

"I'm sorry....Gaara, I'm sorry.....sor-rry" Naruto himself was now close to tears. He soflty reached and hugged Gaara  trying to calm him so he could properly apologize. He was the worst, Naruto thought. He had hurt the person he vowed to protect, he didn't deserve him.

".....rrr......using......mmmhh", Gaara mumbled something into his chest. 

"What?" Naruto asked.

"Why are you using me? I know you're in love with the Uchiha boy, so why must you use me as a replacement. Do I remind you of him? Is that why? Do you plan to leave me when he comes back to you?" Gaara declared in between sobs. He was afraid of Naruto's response and hoped that he wouldn't answer those questions. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhh.... this was supposed to be longer but I'm tired so....yeah

Proxi....out