Why Him?

Yamato Pov:
I grew anxious by the moment. The enemy's attacks kept coming and both  Sai and I stayed defensive ready to deflect or avoid any explosives heading toward us but I could feel my own body growing tired. I was certain that we could not continue avoiding the Akatsuki members attacks until backup arrived. By that time we would most likely be killed. I could sense that Sai thought the same.

"Sai! This situation calls for our backup plan. Be prepared!" I directed.

While the ninja just nodded in understanding.

Weaving signs I released a wood style Jutsu that sprung from the ground and flew directly in the enemy's direction. As Deidara saw this he veered off to the side leaving enough time for Sai to create the image of an ink bird that he summoned. Both of them climbed up and were lifted onto the air. Now both opponents were in the air flying around in circles waiting for the other's next attack.

Naruto hurry! Yamato thought. 

[ A/N: ok ok I suck at fight scenes leave me alone...]

Third Person Pov: [Gaara and Naruto Scene]

......SASUKE! Naruto yelled the moment he saw his best friend perched above him. 

The only response Naruto received was the small chuckle that slipped out of Orochimaru's mouth. 

"Well isn't this touching, you both finally meet again. Now, now Sasuke greet your friend here, he seems happy to see you", Orochimaru mockingly said. 

"I could care less about a dimwit like him, let's just get the job done", Sasuke coldly replied. 

"HAHAHA, I apologize it seems as if the child has not learned any manners yet, however, if it makes you feel better we will be taking you guys with us since you both have something precious inside you.", Orochimaru stated.

Although Gaara did not show it, he became very worried, if Orochimaru was as strong as he had been told then both of them would end up dead if he decides to extract their tailed beasts. 

Naruto seemed to be on the verge of tears when he spoke, "Sasuke...I know you...you would never hurt me, please....come back...". Although Gaara could not see Naruto's face, he knew he was in immense pain, which made his own ache. Slowly Naruto crept closer to the rouge ninja as if to not scare him away. 

Gaara had enough of this spectacle, he knew that Naruto was in no way ready to battle his long lost friend, let alone hurt him by his own hands. This made the red-head very angry to know that Naruto could continue to place so much trust on someone, who would not even bat an eye if he was ordered to kill him. It made him angry, this was a reminder that he was not Naruto's most important person, and that hurt him, more than anything. His chest ached, he grabbed his chest trying to calm himself, but he could feel himself losing control. His breathing became heavy and before Naruto took another step, sand flew past him and towards Sasuke's direction at an incredible speed. Right before sand wrapped itself around the blue-haired ninja's neck, both disappeared in a flash. 

Naruto looked back utterly shocked, with watery eyes, "Gaara! what are you doing stop!" Perhaps, it was the assertion that Naruto cared for the idiot enough to yell at him, made him want to obliterate the Uchiha out of existence, so Naruto would not show him his pained expression. 

Naruto, on the other hand, was desperately searching for his friend trying to find where he disappeared to. Once he spotted him, he continued his chase, where Gaara followed or at least attempted to, but was stopped when Orochimaru appeared in front of him. 

Fuck. He thought. 

[A/N: Alright guys imma say that this fight goes on about for 10 min so makeup at battle scene in your mind because I ain't writing that...]

Gaara wiped off the mixture of blood and sweat that ran down his head while keeping an eye on the Sanin from a safe distance. This isn't good I need to go help Naruto, he thought. More important than his life, he needed to save Naruto. Ignoring his opponent he ran towards Naruto not caring that Orochimaru was not far behind. As he saw his silhouette clashing against a second he knew that they both were still fighting. Naruto bodies staggered and for a moment he lost balance giving Sasuke an opportunity, sliding off his katana and charging towards the blonde. 

No, I won't make it in time! Gaara thought. His suspicions were asserted as he saw that katana slide into Naruto's lower abdomen. 

Silence.....

The emptiness of noise rung in his head now completely gone dark as he saw his left eye being engulfed by sand. [A/N: Just so you guys know he half turned into shukaku and attacked both Sasuke and Orochimaru]

When he regained his consciousness again he saw Naruto in his arms, and upon looking around he saw the complete destruction of all the trees around a 100-meter radius. 

Gaara was snapped back onto reality by Naruto's labored words, "G-aara...it hurts so much...". Looking upon those blue eyes, dull of any energy, he couldn't help but cry and cry he did, holding Naruto tightly in his arms as to not let him disappear. 

Soon enough, backup arrived from the leaf village, after noticing the large explosions coming from the distance. Sakura was part of the first medical team that arrived at the scene and was slightly surprised to see the Kazekage embracing her teammate and more so the fact that he was crying. When she tried to give Naruto medical attention Gaara would not let her touch him and it took a lot of convincing for him to let the team do their jobs.

Time Skip~When they arrive back in Konoha

All four ninja's had been taken back to Konoha's hospital for treatment. Additionally, everyone except Gaara was taken to the critical care unit to treat their wounds. The sun soon had set and the moon lit up the dark night, nearing midnight Gaara awoke from his sleep on the hospital bed, his first instinct was to find Naruto. 

As he slipped out the covers and down the bed he made his way to his hospital room. He entered his room and walked up to his bed looking at his friend's sleeping face. He kneeled there trying to savor the feeling of relief. Gaara thought he had lost him, the person who was like the sun-bright and warm. Again silent hot tears streamed down his cheeks. 

Hushed sobs echoed in the room, and through his tear-filled eyes, Gaara failed to notice Naruto waking up. 

Two arms reached for the red-head and pulled him into a faint kiss. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, we have reached the yaoi part of the story! YAY! I know this wasn't the best chapter but the next will be better. Bro, I am so ready to write some smut scenes. WOO! 

...anyways, if any of y'all have some GaaraxNaruto fanfics you are writing, please comment I will read them happily!!!!!!!

Proxi...out