Guest to a Lonely House

Gaara's pov

Struggling to fit the keys in the lock while simultaneously balancing Naruto proved to be difficult; however, manageable once inside, I headed towards my bedroom since it was the only one in the house as I lived alone. Once I laid him down, I grabbed a warm cloth and washed his face to remove any traces of ramen. 

"ugh....mmmmm" Naruto groaned, obviously from the heat and stuffy wardrobe. I should probably remove his clothes I thought and as I reached to unzip his sweater a weird sensation engulfed me. My body turned warm and Naruto's sleeping face did not seem to help the situation. Emotions are such a new experience for me. Shortly after hesitating, I removed Naruto's shoes and headband. Then reaching for his orange sweater and slowly unzipping it. To my surprise underneath it was a sheer mesh shirt. My heart started pounding reaching my ears, ah this is wrong, I thought maybe I shouldn't do anything else.....but who sleeps with a mesh shirt...he'll probably feel uncomfortable. My mouth went dry and as I swallowed I quickly removed his shirt exposing his golden skin.  I stood up and before I was able to leave the room a hand grasped my shirt, stopping me in my tracks. I slowly turned around to see Naruto still sleeping...

"......mmmhmm....sasuke......come.....b-" naruto mumbled still in his sleep.  Hah? I thought how can Naruto still utter the name of someone who betrayed him. This fool never stops helping people, poking his nose in others business, at least this was what saved me from my own hatred. However, it annoyed me I was not the one being called out for. It annoyed me his dream was not about saving me. And it annoyed me that I was being so overreactive. Before I shook my hand off his, Naruto yanked me onto the bed, where I awkwardly laid on top of him. Bdmp, bdmp, bdmp...my breathing fastened, flustered by the situation I attempted to get off of him, but it only made him grasp me tighter. So there I laid on top of him, the heat trailing from my face to my stomach and lower region. What is this? I thought, never in my life have I felt this sensation and it felt unbearably painful, like I had just been punched in the gut. Frozen, I stayed there for hours until my arms ached and slowly the night nulled me into sleep. 

Naruto's pov:

I felt the sun in my eyes, so naturally, I began opening them, squinting the first thing I saw was red. Once my eyes adjusted to the light, what I saw, was breathtaking. Gaara, which always seemed on edge laid defenseless right next to me. Uncontrollably my hand reached for his hair slowly intertwining it with his disheveled locks. Earning me a groan from the sleep-deprived ninja. My hand reached for his kanji symbol on his forehead and that is when I knew I fucked up. Gaara's eyes shot open.

"GAhhhhh!!" I screamed and rolled off the bed, hitting my head in the process. 

"What were you doing?" Gaara asked me from above. 

"N-nothing....I was just trying to wipe the sweat from your forehead" I nervously said...as the heat slowly formed on my cheeks. 

Third Person Point of View:

Gaara did not pry the question due to the inability to understand certain human situations. Surely, if it had been another person they would have easily caught onto Naruto's motives. However, not Gaara, a ninja who never had someone to share and experience these emotions.

Naruto's Pov:

"Wait! Where's my shirt? Where am I?" I asked frantically covering my chest and even more embarrassed. 

"I took it off since it seemed uncomfortable, I placed it on the table" Gaara stated unintrested, trying to swallow the memories of yesterday night. 

"I took you home yesterday because you collapsed and I didn't know where your team members were" Gaara innocently said. 

Third Person Pov:

In the awkward atmosphere, both ninja's hurriedly got ready for their day. Showering proved a feat for them, both obviously embarrassed but ignorant enough of each other's feelings. Naruto decided to go first, finished, and then Gaara, but unlike Naruto, Gaara slipped his shirt off before heading into the shower, and Naruto gawked at his ninja friend's fit physique. His intense stare was caught by the sand ninja in which his face lit into a pinkish hue, hurriedly he entered the shower. 

Once done both boys had a simple breakfast and headed towards Gaara's office, marking yet another day in the life of these Ninja friends?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

I just wanted to address the fact that from now on I will be using the third person view just because it adds more information when needed and might make the story easier to comprehend in my opinion. This does not mean I will stop using Naruto/Gaara's pov, I will just mix the three together. I'm not sure if I like this chapter or not....what do you guys think?

Proxi...out