04 | STILL SUSPICIOUS

"the victim was punched at the face for about 50 times, and his body was kicked—"

"i know what happened to the victim. its the freaking 16th case, i just want to know if you found any rare things for this one?"

renjun raised his eyebrows at the forensic officer, wanting answers. but all he got in return was a shrug. frustrating, he wiped his face and sighed, as he looked at the file in the forensic's hands.

"hate to admit it but this case is really something" he said. renjun just looked down, nodding his head slowly, before he took the file and left the lab.

he started to give up on everything.

as soon as he reached his own office, he took off his jacket. pulling up the sleeve of his blue shirt, he sat on his seat, staring at a few stacks of files infront of him.

impossible, how impossible this thing is. he took this case it all started with seoyeon, she was the first victim. and he made a promise to seulbyul and naeun that he will do whatever it takes to find who did all of this. no matter the cost.

but now, it has been months and there was nothing that he could do to investigate. it was impossible.

closing his eyes, he rested his head on the table, trying to take a few minutes nap.

how much it felt like forever to him.

"wHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T PICK UP NAEUN?"

seulbyul yelled at the phone, she was totally mad. and guess who was the one she yelled at? yes, the gamer, lee jeno.

"well, sorry! i have a tournament in a few minutes so i cant catch up—"

"wHAT TOURNAMENT?!"

"uhhh, my game?" he said, didnt feel guilty at all.

seulbyul groaned, her eyes went to her smartwatch. it has been 43 minutes since seulbyul ended her kindergarten today, she didnt want the same thing happened again. that haechan boy is still scary to her.

"look, i'll make it back, i swear but.... i gotta go now, game's starting! take care!"

"lee jeno you better—"

call ended.

seulbyul yelled in angriness, before she stomped her feet to seulbyul's kindergarten. she knew, she shouldn't have rely on jeno. the only responsible human alive was renjun. jaemin? sometimes. and those two students, jisung and chenle? studying are more important.

what if that haechan boy took naeun again? maybe he didnt look dangerous but what if...

her thoughts died immediately,

her legs froze.

she stared at naeun in about three meters far from her, running towards her direction. she was speechless. for a second, she looked around.