18 | HE'S BACK

"we can't do anything if he's alive. he's alive, then let him be alive, what's the matter?" jeno asked, completely lost it when jaemin suggested that they should go after him.

"idiot" jaemin sighed.

"we are in danger right now, okay? renjun bombed him, but he's still alive. what if someone bombed you?"

"i wouldn't feel anything" jeno replied as he gave his full attention towards the phone in his hand.

"huh? why?"

"because im already dead?"

jaemin groaned as he smacked his best friend's head, totally disappointed with his reply. he snatched jeno's phone from his hand before he leaned down so he can whisper into jeno's ears.

"look, haechan is still alive and we're the last one he saw and talked to before renjun bombed him. he must have been targeting us since then" jaemin said, before jeno wiped his face and looked at his best friend.

"he wont, even if he's going after us, he wont—"

"you're talking nonsense, he's totally after us" jaemin said, before he shoved jeno's phone at it's owner as he walked towards naeun. he kneed down, so that he can look into the little girl's eyes.

"can you promise me something?"

"what is it?" naeun was excited, as usual.

"promise me, dont you ever talk to that guy again" jaemin said, before he wiped off some chocolate that went to the corner of naeun's lips.

"why? is he a bad guy?"

"he's so bad. he... killed people. promise me that you'll stay away from him"

"but aunt seulbyul loves him!" naeun said, as jaemin gave the little girl a small smile.

"she'll accept the truth soon"

naeun became so kunfused, before she took another chocolate cookie and ate it. she wasn't care about it actually, her only mission is to stay away from haechan.

"but what if he gave me another lolipop"

"then remember your aunt's angry face if she knows that you eat one" jaemin chuckled as he picked up naeun and her bag.

"now if you promised, i'll bring you to the park—"

"OKAY, I PROMISED!"

"wait, i thought seulbyul was going to send naeun?" jeno asked to himself at the moment jaemin closed the front door.

well, as if he cares. his game is more important.

seulbyul didnt go to work that day. she spent her whole day outdoor, getting some fresh air like what renjun suggested her to do. she promised that she'll send naeun to school but it seemed like she's already went away with jaemin.

and when she was preparing to go out, she noticed something in jeno's eyes.

as if he didnt want her to go out.

as if there's something dangerous going out there. she didnt know what, but if they had something to tell, they would've told her, right?

and renjun, he's out to find a new job. after the apologizing session last night, he decided to continue his life happily and freely. he once mentioned about being a barista, that'll suit him a lot, so she didnt mind.

so she walked around the neighborhood. there were so many things changing since the last two years. it's not that she didnt go out often to realize all these changes, but she really amazed that the neighborhood changed a lot.