06 | THE FIRST CLUE

jaemin quickly looked up when he saw renjun calling out seulbyul's name so many times. he slowly stood up and walked towards renjun, trying to catch up what's happening.

"what is it?" he asked, but renjun just shook his head while running his hand through his hair frustratingly. he put on the speaker so that everyone in the house can listen to seulbyul's voice, including naeun.

"i dont know! she called me and then... she cried" renjun said, calling out her name again. jaemin widened his eyes, while jeno slowly reached out towards them. "something happened?"

"what's wrong with my aunt—"

"hey naeun, how about sitting with us here?" jisung immediately pulled the little girl. she was the saddest girl before, her mother died, but jisung didnt want the sad face to appear again. he just hugged the little girl, and showed him some games for kids to play with her.

"SEULBYUL!" renjun yelled, couldn't take it anymore.

"come... here.... please... im scared..." she cried, making jaemin cupped his mouth. he was so worried, what if something happened to her?

"hey, tell us. where are you?" renjun walked around the house, trying to calm himself down. ironically, jaemin and jeno just followed him from the back.

"the road that i always—"

without waiting for seulbyul to finish her words, renjun shoved his phone at jaemin before he ran upstairs to take his car keys and anything that is related to what will happen after this. something happened to her, because she wouldn't cry easily.

"hey, seulbyul. listen to me" jaemin and jeno walked upstairs too, grabbing their stuffs.

"please..." she whispered.

"im going to get you, okay? just stay there, don't go anywhere! im going to get you, i'll be there!" jaemin said as they ran downstairs with renjun and jeno.

"jeno? can you call the police station?" renjun asked jeno, and the boy immediately took out his phone while entering the car. after that, renjun's attention went to chenle, jisung and naeun.

"take care of naeun" he pointed at chenle and jisung who were chilling out as if nothing happened.

"is my aunt going to be okay?"

"yes, little one. she'll be okay" renjun put on his shoes. ignoring naeun's other questions, he entered his car and started it. jaemin sat at the passenger's seat, and jeno at the back. he seemed worried as well. all of them were worried.

"stay there! come on renjun!" jaemin scolded renjun for being so slow.

"we're on our way, seulbyul! stay where you are!" jeno yelled, so that seulbyul could hear him. jaemin just took a deep breath, as his eyes went to renjun who kept on increasing the speed of the car.

"she's a strong girl. there must be something that really scared the freak out of her" renjun said, making jaemin looked straight at the dark road. he took a deep breath again, before he ran his hands through his hair.

"i just dont want seulbyul to end up like seoyeon"

the police came earlier than renjun and the others. renjun can see a few police cars parked at the road, as he turned off the engine. jeno took a peek as well, he can see a few lights focusing at the bushes, as if there was something behind it that caught everyone's attention.

"i guess it's... a serious case—"

"seulbyul!"

jaemin ran towards the crowded area as soon as he exited the car, searching for seulbyul. he cant imagine if seulbyul being hurt, he wouldn't forgive himself for that if it really happened.