17 | FORGIVE ME?

2 YEARS LATER.

naeun ran around the house as soon as she entered it, as if she was trying to search for something. she tried to reach for the high cabinets and look through it by jumping, before she ran towards the other cabinet.

her action made jeno who was playing games at the kitchen kunfused.

"what are you doing?"

"i hid my snacks here but i forgot which cabinet did i hide it" naeun said, running infront jeno so she can reach another cabinet.

"you're just 8, naeun. you're forgetful as if you're 80" jeno chuckled before he threw the snacks at the girl.

"chenji attempted to steal your snacks three hours ago. do you know that im your knight and shining armour? i protected your food for my little princess" jeno said, smiling widely as naeun jumped in happiness.

 do you know that im your knight and shining armour? i protected your food for my little princess" jeno said, smiling widely as naeun jumped in happiness

"thankyou! you're the best" the little girl said as she walked towards the living room with her snacks. now she can watch her cartoons in peace.

"hold up!! you just got home from school?"

"yeah?"

"go clean up yourself first. my princess needs to be clean every single second. i bet you run a lot at school. so go!" jeno put his hands at his hips like a mother, making naeun scoffed. she shoved her snacks at him, before she walked upstairs.

"wait, where's your aunt?"

"she's in the car"

"oh" jeno blinked for a few times. slowly, he walked towards the main front door and looked at her car. and he can see her,

crying?

jeno didnt step out to comfort her down, instead he just crossed his arms while staring at her. she leaned her forehead against the steering wheel as she sobbed, and it made him sad.

jeno looked down, and he sighed.

"its been two years, seulbyul."

"can you just move on?"

seulbyul didnt cry every single day. maybe she cried a lot. but she stopped these last few days because she was tired. she was tired of crying. she was tired of using her energy to sob and to wipe her tears.

crying couldn't bring back her happiness.

she decided to stop crying. she decided to live her life as a normal person again, no more sudden tears during work hours, no more sudden sobs while cooking, no more hiding in the room because she can't stop crying.

and she did stop for a few days.

but she saw something that made her want to kill herself.

the convenience store that winwin worked at.