29 | HOME

"what do you mean by forced?"

renjun sat beside jeno's bed, staring at his best friend's face in curiosity. he woke up as if he just had a bad nightmare when he was actually in a comma for two weeks. he almost thought that his best friend got himself possessed or something.

"remember..." jeno lost his words. he still had some headaches from waking up so suddenly, but he still need to convince his friends about something.

"remember when he risked a part of his life to help you guys."

and his words made renjun and jaemin's jaw dropped.

"w... what?" renjun raised an eyebrow, didnt get what jeno actually meant. even jaemin didnt get it, as the guy just took a bite of his sandwich.

"you're making it sound like he rather commit sui-"

"remember when you accidentally dropped your plate during jisung's 6th birthday party?"

jaemin shut his mouth close.

"he saw it coming, jaemin."

and this time, renjun was the one who widened his eyes. "i remember..."

"he offered his feet first before the heavy plate hit yours. and it resulted him to go to the hospital, since it was a glass plate."

"dont you remember?" jeno looked at jaemin, trying to make jaemin understand what does he trying to say actually.

but still, jaemin didnt get it.

"yeah, he saved my ass so many times when we were young. he also save your ass a lot, he bruised his arms for your toy, he got stung by a bee because renjun stucked his aeroplane paper at the tree..."

"...but it was the past, jeno."

"memories stayed as memories"

jeno sighed. usually, it was always jaemin to be the smart one in this kind of thing. what's wrong with him now?

"no, what i meant-"

"he killed 20 people, jeno. i dont think that he killed them to save us. he left us!"

jeno tried to speak, but jaemin cut him off again.

"and even if he didnt kill all of them. he still left us. he left us when we promised to our lives that we will-"

"ITS NOT JUST ABOUT YOU, JAEMIN!"

for this first time in jaemin's life, even renjun's, they heard jeno yelling at them.

yelling in anger.

jaemin immediately shut his mouth close, staring at his best friend's eyes in kunfusion.

"you switch up so quickly, jeno."

"you don't get it. he wasn't the only one who left us. he wasn't the only one who turned his back at us." jeno looked down, playing with his fingers as his voice started to crack.

"he left with mark."

"he explore the world, with mark."

"he turned his back at us, with mark, infront of him."

"the question is, where is mark now?"

"i want to go home"

haechan's breath shaking so bad when he heard those words that slipped out from her mouth.

the way she pulled her hand away from his touch, the way she scooted away from him, the way she looked away and tried her best to avoid looking at his eyes.