26 | ATTACK AND PROTECT

"so you dont have any idea about who is this lee minhyung guy?"

renjun stared at the computer screen, trying to read every single word that yangyang typed and searched. it has been 5 hours and since yangyang used some files without his boss' permissions, he just going to risk his own job for his friend.

"there's nothing. i've doubled all these searches and we can't find a thing."

yangyang was totally kunfused right now. he never spelled a person's name wrong. lee minhyung, 127 squad. he used all his ability to hack everything but there is no such thing as lee minhyung in the system.

"you didnt click—"

"i have, renjun!" yangyang started to feel stressed out.

"why do you want me to search on this minhyung guy, actually? he's not the mark you've been talking about" yangyang blabbered as he moved some useful informations into hard-copies, in a hope that there's something that could help him in finding this minhyung guy.

"i just want to see his face." renjun said in a low tone. he didnt even know what's he doing right now and what's his actual point.

his mind was a total mess when jaemin and jeno are not around, plus chenji are now living with kun so he doesnt have anyone around, except yangyang.

also sometimes he knew that yangyang was annoyed with him, but he just wanted to solve this quickly.

yangyang stood up after shutting down the computer and put the papers into his file, before he sighed hardly.

"i never thought i'd say this because i dont want you and your little brain to work even harder, but this thing just crossed my mind." yangyang was backening renjun so renjun couldn't see his face.

yangyang couldn't be joking, right?

"are you trying to mess around?"

"im serious! have i ever been playful when you're being serious? i could have died then" yangyang scoffed as he turned to face renjun with a bored face.

and before renjun could say something, yangyang opened his mouth first.

"lee minhyung."

"lee mark."

"these two guys have the same first name. lee."

renjun just stood there, trying to listen to the theory that yangyang will drop in a few seconds.

"when you were friends with mark lee, did he ever mention that he has a twin... or something?"

"not that i remember... no, i guess" renjun tapped his chin.

"then, assumption number one : maybe he lied about that."

"assumption number two : maybe that name didnt even exist. maybe they made it up, and maybe the name itself is too catchy. you saw 9 names and the first thing you want to investigate is minhyung."

"i just have good instincts"

"if you have good instincts you shouldn't have suspected haechan that easily in the first place."

this time, renjun shut his mouth close.

yangyang somehow felt relieved, at least renjun knew what he did wrong.

"well, i do have assumption number three." yangyang lighten up the mood as he put on his jacket.

"what?"

yangyang then looked at his friend, before he gave renjun a reassuring smile. he wanted to look cool sometimes as well, and he thought that his brain did a good job today.