Food Poisoning

Jungkook and Jimin were bent over a cookbook, having a sudden ambition to try make Seokjin proud with their 'cooking skills' which were almost nonexistent in Seokjin's opinion. They thought simple but flavorful porridge was the way to go.

"So it says to put in more water than salt." Jimin read off, Jungkook going to the shelf and grabbing the salt, a bright smile as he thought he understood the words perfectly. 

"Which means just enough water that it's more than salt." Jungkook declared, dumping as much salt as he could till he thought there was still 'enough' water than salt. 

"Don't you think that's a bit too much?" Jimin asked hesitantly, peering in the pot and seeing the rice, water and a huge lump of salt in the porridge, still undissolved. 

"Uh, it'll dissolve soon enough." Jungkook replied, suddenly unsure of himself as well.

He never saw Seokjin cook, as he thought he didn't need to and he only wanted to try it on a whim and quickly shrugged off the worries. 

"Don't worry, we can tell Seokjin we did follow the directions close enough." Jungkook continues, assuring himself more than Jimin who nodded distractedly, reading the next step out loud. 

"Now we just wait for the water to boil." Jimin summarized and yawned, setting a timer on his phone for eight minutes, figuring it was ample time for the water to boil and dragged Jungkook to the couch. 

Eight minutes later, Jimin and Jungkook both checked on the water to realize they didn't turn on the right stove. 

Another twenty minutes and the 'porridge' they made was served to Seokjin. 

Seokjin took a big mouthful and immediately spit it out afterwards, 

"ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOD POISON ME?!" 

"It just said more water than salt so we figured to cut the salt as close to the water as possible."

Seokjin face palmed and grumbled. 

Vote

Comment 

Share