CHAPTER 7:PAPAD TOH BELNE PADENGE BETA

Sidharth was dumbfounded. He could not believe how his mother so easily voiced out his feelings for Shehnaaz which he despite knowing it all was unable to. He needed some assurance.

He suddenly realised that he had been smiling like an idiot while listening about Shehnaaz for the past minutes. He tried to change the topic by asking about some random things when aunty interrupted. She said, " Shayad tu bhul raha hai ki maa hoon mai teri. Topic change mat kar tu. Jitna pucha hai utna bata. Patli Gali ke mat nikal. Kya feel karta hai tu uske liye? "

Sidharth realised that his mother was speaking Shehnaaz's language. He thought, " acha Itna pyaar inlog ka". He came back to the question and answered. He said, " Mom look, I feel something very strong for her and that's undeniable. I have never felt this way for anyone. She has a different effect on me. I even know the fact that what we feel and do share is way more than what friends do but I am not sure. Mujhe uske Taraf se surety Chahiye".

Rita aunty seemed very annoyed now. She almost shouts at him. " Kya assurity Chahiye tujhe aur? Ab Kya ladki marr jaye? Itna karti hai Tera". She realises that her tone isn't correct for now and so she calms down.

" I can't let people play with my emotions anymore. Maa you know it even better", said Sidharth.

" And what about her? Haan? ", questioned his mom. "Dekh, beta I will never in the darkest of my dreams even want you to be hurt. Tu Mera Bacha hai. Par uska Kya? Tu puri Duniya ko mat bol Par usse Toh bata de kyu Tu uske liye Kya feel karta hai. Tu usse paas bhi nahi aana deta aur naa hi Tu use dur jaane deta hai. Tujhe pata nhi hai woh kaise rehti hai? " Saying so she nods her head in disbelief.

"Beta I know tere aur uske beech us Raat Ko Kya hua tha. Tu soch phir bhi usne tere liye kitna kiya aur abhi bhi Kar rahi hai. Tera khaana thik hai ki nahi, tune dawai khayi ki nahi, Teri health mein kitna kitna improvement Hua, mai be rest kiya aur theek de khaana khaya ke nahi; uska pura din Yahi sab mein jaata hai. Itna sehne aur hurt hone ke baad bhi soh sab bhul ke tere paas aa gayi. Aur kya Chahiye Sidharth? ", said she.

She was very disappointed. She was worried for both of them. Sidharth sat shocked. He knew none of what his mother said. "She visited the hospital everyday? Why didnot she meet me? ",he thought.

"Milti bhi Kis mooh se? ", said his mom.

"hmm? ", said he.

"Maine bola Milti bhi kaise woh tujhe? Jo sunna chahti thi woh sunne ko milta Kya usko? I understand Sidharth that you need time. I love you mera Bacha. Tujhe time Chahiye Toh lele Par Itni nhi der mat kar dena ki woh mud ke wapas aa aaye. She is a pure soul beta. Uski feelings Ko granted mat le". A tear escaped from her eye. Sidharth wiped it and said, " Maa relax Karo yaar. I know what to do now. Vishwas hai na? "

She smiled back and said, " Of course beta. I'm really concerned about both of you. Chalo Khana khalo". The mother-son duo talked about a lot more things while Sidharth had his food.

Meanwhile on the other side Shehnaaz was at Sidharth's home. Rita aunty had sent her to get some stuff. On finding it she kept it in her back and rushed towards the door as she was already late. No sooner did she open the door when she saw Sidharth and his mom there. She said, " Aunty Aaplog idhar? "

Rita aunty replied, " Arey woh doctor ne Aaj hi bola tha discharge karega. Woh Itna busy thi ki Tujhe batana hI bhul gayi".

Shehnaaz told her while hugging her at the same time, " Acha Chalo koi ni. Andar Chalo".

Sidharth was just admiring her. She looked mesmerising. Her hair were tied in a bun and her bangs beautifully fell on her nose. Her cheeks had a tint of pink and her baby pink lipstick complemented her smile. She was wearing an olive green coloured long frock.

He stood there expecting that Shehnaaz would hug him too but she didnot even look at him even once. She ignored him and moved inside speaking to aunty about the trouble she had in finding the stuff. Looking at her behavior Sidharth's smile faded away. Aunty glanced at him and said, " Papad toh belne padenge beta". Though his leg was better hit he still could not walk properly. Aunty helped him in. She said to Shehnaaz, " Beta Isko please andar room tak leja. Mai abhi aati hoon".

Shehnaaz very well knew what was going on in Rita aunty's mind. How could she deny her? She couldn't and do she agreed.

Rita aunty thought to herself, " Bachon hoon Toh Mai tumhari hi maa". Saying this she left out a chuckle and went towards her room.