CHAPTER 11: LEMON CHICKEN AND RHYME!

Shehnaaz huffed out and sat in the car. Shehbaaz would not go for the dinner as he had planned to his the club with his friends.

"Jaldi ghar pahaunch jaana", said Shehnaaz but it was more of a warning.

Shehnaaz was sitting near the window resting her head against it. There were beautiful songs being played in the radio. She was looking outside while listening to the songs. While passing by a small colony, she saw many kids playing without any worry about anything. She was extremely happy looking at them as she could see her small self in them but suddenly she started sobbing.

The driver was an old man who had been working for Sidharth fir several years. Shehnaaz had talked to him earlier when Sidharth used to send the car for Shehnaaz to MSK when she used to come out. Shehnaaz had also helped him and his daughters and he was very thankful to her for that.

Looking at a sobbing Shehnaaz, he couldn't resist but asked, " Mam Aap thik Ho na? Koi problem hai Toh bataiye ".

"Arey nahi nahi. Aap chaliye", she replied with a smile.

"Aap khush raha kariye. Aap khush rehti hain toh Sidharth baba bhi khush rehte hain nahi toh bohot pareshan rehte hain".

Though Shehnaaz was very happy listening to this but didinot show it on her face. They reached Sidharth's society and getting down, Shehnaaz headed towards his home. Having fought so bad with him, how will she face him? She was very nervous.

Shehnaaz was about to ring the bell but the door opened before it. It was Rita aunty. Shehnaaz had a million dollar smile on her face. She hugged her very hard and kissed her cheek. "Arey mera bacha", said Rita aunty and guided her inside.

Shehnaaz was too comfortable with the Shuklas. Though she searched for Sidharth the moment she entered but in not seeing him she pushed his thoughts away and jumped on the couch and lied down.

"Aaj Khaane mein Kya hai mama? ", said Shehnaaz dramatically, eagerly waiting for a reply.

Rita aunty was in love with this girl's antics. Laughing hard she said, " Kya Chahiye batao miss drama? "

"Mumma yaar lemon chicken se Kuch rhyme HI nahi ho raha ", said Shehnaaz, crying jokingly.

Rita aunty hit her head playfully and teased her. She said, " Par lemon chicken Toh Maine banaya hI nahi".

" Mai aayun aur lemon chicken na bane, yeh Toh naamumkin hai mom..umm.. Aunty", said Shehnaaz, raising her eyebrow and smirked.

"Oye thapad marungi Tujhe. Mom bulane mein Kya problem hai? Agar koi hai bhi phir bhi mom bulaayegi.. Samjhi?", said Rita aunty.

Shehnaaz hugged her and said, " Okay jaaneman! "

Sidharth had been in the kitchen all this while. He couldn't see them but was hearing their conversation. He was smiling continuously. "Kya item hai bey yeh log ", he said while taking the chicken out of teh oven. He forgot to wear the glove as his mind was somewhere else."AAH! " , screamed Sidharth.

Shehnaaz and Rita aunty rushed to the kitchen. He was continuously shaking his hand hard and said, " Haat jal gaya ".

Shehnaaz saw the oven open and understood how he burnt his hand. Before Rita aunty could say anything, she held his hand and placed it under the running water. She had panicked and was continuously shouting at him; " Pagal hai kya? Dimaag nahi hai Kya tujhme? Haat jalaa Liya hai. Dekh kitna red Hogya hai. Gadha.. ". She quickly took teh ice cubes out and started rubbing it on the burnt hand and was continuously murmuring.

Looking at Sidharth, who was in pain, Shehnaaz forgot all the fights that they had. She always kept Sidharth above everything, no matter what. Sidharth was admiring her and thought * chalo Kuch toh bola Isne mujhe* while Rita aunty was admiring the too most precious gadhas of her life.

Shehnaaz suddenly realised what she was doing and jerked off his hand and left the kitchen not before giving him the ointment. "Shehnaaz sun na.. ", he said but what was the use of it? She ignored and went out. Sidharth looked helplessly at his mom who was upset too. She said, " Ab Galti ki hai Toh bhugatna toh padega na beta.. Don't worry.. Things will be fine".

Shehnaaz came out of the kitchen and sat on the couch. "I am so sorry Sidharth. I shouldn't have done that", she whispered and was upset at her own behaviour. She knew that she had hurt him.

While she was busy in her thoughts Sidharth came to her and said, " Shehnaaz khaana lag gaya hai. Mom tab se bula rahi hai. Chal". His voice was very low and was cracking. Shehnaaz could sense it. She was still angry at him but she couldn't see anything when he was in a problem. Without looking at him she said, " I have ears and they function well. I don't need your help. I could hear her". She was very rude to him. Definitely Sidharth had been wrong but she also was wrong to him at times. In fact both did the same to each other when they were hurt. She knew that she was being very rude but this time it as her mind which and won the battle. She would not forgive him so easily this time. Ignoring him she moved towards the dining table while Sidharth followed her.

*******
Hey guys!
Please vote and don't forget to leave your feedback!

You guys are such sweethearts.. I wrote something in the last update and you all are so good in giving you feedback!

Shower some love!