11

Victory of Good

〰️

Lenna ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Truth be told it was much easier on four legs but she had never run this fast in her life. She could feel the wind racing through her fur and the ground was a blur beneath her pounding paws. Her heart was beating so fast it almost hurt but she had to obey her father's wishes and she raced to the valley that she knew that battle was commencing.

As she neared the valley, she could already hear that the battle was underway. She came to the rocks and crouched down low behind some as she looked out onto the battle field. She could see the Narnians were being beaten easily by the more skilled army of the witch. Even as she watched a fawn was taken down before her eyes.

She growled at the sight and her eyes glowed bright as she leaped from her hiding place and jumped onto the ghastly cyclops before her. He fell to the floor instantly with just her claws sinking into him.

Some of the Narnians around her cheered as she took down more of the enemy, helping them. But that wasn't her priority right now, she had to find Peter and Edmund.

The battle seemed to be in favour of the witch and even though Lenna took out many of her soldiers, more and more seemed to come. The Narnians simply did not have enough soldiers and the witch wasn't merciful at all as she turned them to stone left right and centre. Lenna could see them everywhere she turned.

A sudden shout made her turn from where she was to see a rhino and Oreius running towards someone she couldn't see. The Rhino was taken down leaving Oreius to pelt on ahead.
She moved forward and saw his quarry. The white witch. Riding in a chariot of warped silver pulled by two polar bears, she took out Oreius with ease as she prodded him with her staff and was instantly frozen to stone.

Not Oreius! Lenna thought as she watched this. Her blood boiled and she wanted nothing more than to kill the witch where she stood.

But it seemed the witch was on another mission as she stepped off her ride and began to walk towards someone, taking down Narnians as she went. Lenna followed her gaze and she saw Peter fighting against enemy soldiers.

No! She thought. Not Peter!

Lenna leaped up onto the side of the rocky valley beside her and she tried to race towards Peter, but was stopped by someone blocking her way.

"Edmund?"

The boy in armour turned and nearly cried out at the Lioness in front of him.