13

Back Home

〰️

Ten years had past since the battle with the White Witch and the restoration of Narnia back to its former self. Lenna had done as she had said and brought Narnia back to her people. They rejoiced for years to come, praising her and the Pevensies for what they had done.

The four siblings ruled benevolently for ten years. Facing off rival kingdoms and unwanted challenges. All of them grew older as they reigned on high. Lenna helped them, accepting her role as the Princess of Narnia. They reigned through every season, battling through winter and relaxing spring.

All had grown and not just in wisdom but also appearance. Lucy had grown into a beautiful young woman as had Susan and Lenna. Edmund had grown up also but was still full of sarcasm. In Lenna's opinion however, Peter had grown up the most. Fully taking on the role of king, his hair had grown slightly longer and he now had a beard making him very handsome.

Lenna and Peter grew as a couple, eventually acknowledging their feelings towards one another and following the traditions of courting. She couldn't be happier as she ruled by his side, being there for support.

Everything was made better when Peter proposed. Narnia was overjoyed with the prospect of a wedding. Susan  and Lucy were ecstatic to welcome Lenna into the family properly. Even Edmund claimed that he was happy to have Lenna as part of the family. Set to get married in the next winter, they made plans for the big day.

〰️

When autumn came, the leaves were beginning to fall, turning orange and red. It was Lenna's favourite season, seeing the beautiful change of nature. She would run through the forest in her lioness form. Edmund often joked that Lenna could blend in with her hair as she matched the changing season.

One day the five were out riding, following the trail of the rumoured white stag. They whipped through the trees on horses, galloping and jumping over obstacles.

Hot on the trail of the stag, Lenna looked around and noticed Edmund was not with them.

"Where's Ed?" She asked as she pulled her horse to a stop.

"He must have fallen behind," Peter said as the three of them stopped to look. "Come on let's go get him!"

They galloped back to see Edmund still sat on his horse who appeared to be catching his breath.

"Come on Ed!" Susan called to him as they all came to stop before him.

"Just catching my breath," Edmund answered, patting his horse.

"Well that's all we'll catch at this rate," Susan laughed.

"What did he say again, Lenna?" Lucy asked.

"You girls wait in the castle. I'll fetch the stag myself," Lenna said, mocking Edmund in her best male impression.
Lucy and Susan giggled.

Peter suddenly noticed something, getting of his horse. "What's this? It seems a familiar."

All of them followed his lead, gazing up at the lamppost. Covered in ivy it was hard to make out except for the burning light in the top. Lenna stepped up beside Peter taking his hand in hers as she stared at the lamppost, confused. Something was stirring in her memory but it was of it was an old radio and it was fuzzy and hard to make out.

"As if from a dream," Susan whispered.

"Or a dream of a dream," Lucy finished. She stared at it hard before something came to her. "Spare Oom."

Everyone looked at her confused as she moved away through the trees.
"Lucy?"

"Come on!"

Lenna took the lead and followed her, pulling Peter behind her. The five followed Lucy through the trees, all wondering why it felt familiar. Going in deeper, they began to leave the oak trees behind and were met with coarse ferns. Then Lenna felt something soft brush against her face.

"These aren't branches?" Peter questioned as he too felt the soft against his face.

"They're coats?" Susan said.

They kept going as the way they came began to get narrower.

"Susan you're on my foot," Edmund called from the back as they pushed their way through the fur coats.

"Peter move!"

"Would you stop shoving?!"

"Stop it!"

"I'm not on your toe!"

None of them noticed how their voices grew higher or how their clothes changed around them.

Then they were all falling forward, smack into the floor of the room where the wardrobe stood.

Lenna looked around and saw she was back in her old clothes and the wardrobe stood behind her. She looked down at herself in horror at the normal clothes upon her. Her crystal possessing all her magic had vanished as had the engagement ring upon her finger.

It was as though no time had passed at all and they had never been to Narnia. They were all exactly the same age as they had been when they first entered.

"We're back," she said to herself softly.

The door suddenly opened and the professor walked in with the cricket ball in his hand. He looked up and jumped at the sight of them.

"Oh there you are! What were you all doing in the wardrobe?"

The five looked at each other before back at the professor.

"You wouldn't believe us if we told you sir," Peter answered.

The professor threw him the cricket ball which Peter caught.

"Try me."