7. Sorry

"Tae! Can you make some coffee for me? My head hurts" Yoongi asked, walking into the kitchen. "Sure" Taehyung said and started working on a special coffee for him. Yoongi grinned at him and sat down at one of the tables, holding his head in his hands. 

"H-here, have this" Jungkook said, handing him a tablet while avoiding eye-contact. 

"Huh? I thought you hated me?" Yoongi asked. 

"I am sorry. I had no reason. I judged you wrong. I mean, after working with you for a month, I realized that you weren't bad, after all" Jungkook said with an awkward smile. "Ahh, that's okay. Mistakes happen" Yoongi said, taking the medicine and grinning widely at him. 

"Join me! We never actually talked to each other until now" Yoongi said. "Yeah, right. I will get some milk for myself" Jungkook said as he ran back to the kitchen for his milk. 

"I said sorry" he told Jimin. "Really?? Good good!!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Don't make a big deal out of it" Jungkook mumbled as he poured himself a glass of milk and joined Yoongi at the table. 

Yoongi drank a sip and put the cup back down before sighing loudly and rubbing his face. "Ahh, this coffee tastes soo good. I still can't believe he doesn't like coffee. Like, how can he not know the taste of his own coffee? Ahhh" he said. 

"He's been like that since high school. He doesn't like coffee, he doesn't like spicy food. He is such a picky eater, argh, it gets annoying sometimes" Jungkook said. 

"Just because you are finally talking to him doesn't mean you can bitch about me" Taehyung suddenly said from behind Jungkook, startling the poor boy and making him jump. "You goose! I wasn't bitching!! I was just stating the facts" Jungkook scowled at Taehyung. 

"Yes, you were!"
"No, I wasn't!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
"Ye-"
"Arrgghhh, I told you I have a headache!" Yoongi yelled. 
"Sorry, sorry" Taehyung said and went back to the kitchen. 

"Improvement" he whispered to Jimin and Hoseok, who were watching Yoongi and Jungkook from the kitchen with wide eyes. 

"Yeah!! Hell, Jungkook is really something, isn't he? Just last week he was bitching about Yoongi as if he killed his girlfriend, and look at him now" Hoseok said, his mouth agape. 

True, Jungkook did behave as if Yoongi did something really bad to him. And he finally did realize that he was being childish and insanely idiotic and that Yoongi hadn't done anything hate-worthy in the past one month that he had worked in the cafe. 

There was no point in not liking someone who didn't do anything wrong, right? 

So he decided to apologize and be nice to him. He also noticed in the past one month that Yoongi didn't receive a single call in the daytime, not a single visitor, not a single letter, not a single acquaintance. 

And he was sure no one called him in the night too, because as far as he knew, Yoongi fell asleep the second he entered his flat and woke up twenty minutes before going to the cafe. Jungkook realized that Yoongi didn't have any friends. 

'Poor guy, no one calls him, no one comes to him, looks like he is a loner' he thought and decided to give this friendship a chance. Once he thought about it, he started liking the idea of becoming friends with Yoongi. 

"Soo.... will you....forgive me?" he asked timidly with wide eyes that could melt a rock. "You didn't do anything wrong. There is nothing to forgive" Yoongi said. "So....friends?" Jungkook asked. 

Yoongi shot up from his chair and glared at Jungkook, who started cowering in his seat. "Sorry, sorry, sorry" he kept mumbling. 

"There is no such thing as friends, okay? You want to talk to me, then talk. I will be nice to you. But I don't believe in the 'friends' bullshit. Everyone lives for themselves. Everyone is selfish and every single one will stab you in the back some day. Don't come to me with this bullcrap ever again" Yoongi said, his nostrils flaring dangerously. 

Jimin and Taehyung ran to Jungkook, who had tears in his eyes. Taehyung hugged Jungkook and mumbled "It's okay, you at least tried." They both turned to glare at Yoongi, who was already walking out, pulling out his cigarette. 

Jin ran behind him and jerked him back harshly. "What the hell was that?" he asked angrily. Yoongi stared at Jin for a moment before bringing his lighter out and lighting his cigarette. 

"ANSWER ME!! No matter what happens, no matter what, you are not allowed to shout or yell at others. Go apologize to him. He wanted to apologize for his behaviour for the past month. He didn't do anything wrong for you to yell at him like that" Jin said angrily. 

"I need some time" Yoongi said. "Take all the time you want after apologizing to him. You can take the rest of the day off if you want, but first go and apologize" Jin said. 

Yoongi stared at Jin for some time before sighing loudly. "Can I take him out with me?" Yoongi asked. "Promise me you won't yell at him again" Jin said with a warning tone. "I won't, I promise" Yoongi said. "Okay, go" Jin said and walked back in.

Yoongi went to Jungkook and cleared his throat awkwardly. That made Jimin and Taehyung glare at him again. "I'm sorry for shouting like that. I am really very sorry, Jungkook. Can you come with me for a walk?" he asked, not meeting his eyes. 

Jungkook nodded and followed him. Yoongi gave Jin a nod and walked out, taking a deep puff from his cigarette before throwing it down and snubbing it. 

"I am really very sorry, Jungkook. I really shouldn't have yelled like that" Yoongi said. "It's okay, hyung. But I really wanted to be your friend" Jungkook said. "I need some time, Jungkook. I've got trust issues. I can't trust anyone easily" Yoongi said, looking at the ground. "It's okay, you don't have to trust me yet" Jungkook said. Yoongi turned to him and smiled. Jungkook smiled back. 

They spent the next two hours talking about each others' general interests and hobbies. 'I hated him for no reason at all. He is such a sweet guy' Jungkook thought as they walked back to the cafe. 

"What do you think is wrong with Namjoon hyung?" Jungkook asked suddenly. "Huh?" "He keeps drinking daily. It's soo unlike him. I mean, this is literally the first time he is being like this" Jungkook said. "I don't know" Yoongi shrugged. "Hmm. Something must have happened in those three days" Jungkook said as they entered the cafe. 

"You made up?" Hoseok asked. "Yup!!" Jungkook exclaimed and put an arm around Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi was startled, but soon smiled and patted his back and went to sit next to Namjoon while Jungkook sat next to him. 

"You are not drunk yet?" Yoongi asked Namjoon. Namjoon scowled at him. "I need to go to the washroom" he said and got up. "Strange" Yoongi mumbled as he stared at Namjoon's back. 

Namjoon came back and tried to start his routine, but Jin snatched his bottle away. "That's it. I gave you one month to get over whatever was bothering you. I am not letting you do this anymore" he said. 

"I'll go home, then" Namjoon said and shot up from his chair and walked out without responding to anyone. "Let him go. Looks like something is seriously bothering him" Jimin said. "Yeah" Yoongi agreed.