35. My Best Friend

"Hyung, I know it isn't my place to tell this because I have done many crimes against you, but let's please try to put everything behind us and start again" Namjoon said. 

They were on their way back to Seoul after explaining the situation to Jackson. 

Jackson was very understanding of the situation and actually supported Namjoon saying "Such stuff happens. It's the thought that counts, hyung. You didn't actually want to kill her, did you? Your intention was different".

"These are things that we can never forget" Yoongi said. 

"Yes, but we try to overcome them. Now that we are together again, don't you think we can do it together? Is this something that impossible for us to do? They are really bad memories, I know! But let's bury them together, Yoongs. Let's not think about it anymore" Namjoon said. 

Yoongi looked at Namjoon with tears in his eyes and nodded. 

They arrived at the cafe in the evening, walking hand in hand. Jimin and Jungkook ogled at their hands while Hoseok and Taehyung ogled at their faces. Jin simply stood there, smiling like a proud dad. "Good job" he said. Both of them smiled back. 

"Okay, guys!! Listen carefully. This is Min Yoongi. My best friend. My soulmate. And Yoongs, I promise to be your soulmate forever. Platonic soulmate, I mean" Namjoon said, holding up his and Yoongi's interlocked hands and grinning from ear to ear.

They both hugged each other for a while and soon, everyone else joined the hug. "There you go! Now it feels like a perfect family!!" Jungkook exclaimed. "Yasss!!" everyone cheered. 

"I want to apologize to everyone for my beha-" "Yoongs, we decided not to bring the topic out ever again in our lives" Namjoon said. "Right, sorry" Yoongi said and laughed awkwardly. "Haha, it's okay" the others replied. 

Yoongi looked at Jungkook, silently thanking him with his eyes for the support that he got from him. If not for Jungkook, he would never have even thought of giving Namjoon a chance. Jungkook smiled back and gave him a nod, expressing his happiness with his eyes.

.................................

"Ahh, I dunno what's taking them soo long! Hoseok, did you text them?" Jin asked. Jin, Sana and Hoseok were already present at the park where they had decided to meet, but the others didn't show up yet. 

Yoongi and Namjoon slept together at Yoongi's flat the previous day, so Jin couldn't bring Namjoon with him.

"Yeah, Jimin said they are on their way. Even the other two are on their way" Hoseok said. "Okay" Jin said. 

"So, tell me more about yourself, Sana-ssi! When did go to France?" Hoseok asked. "Five years ago" she said. "Ohh. Where are you actually from?" he asked. "Daegu. You?" she asked. "Gwangju" Hoseok smiled at her. 

"How old are you?" he asked. "Yah! Are you interviewing her or something? Why are you asking her soo many questions?" Jin asked. "Sorry" Hoseok laughed and turned back to his phone.

"Hoseok-ssi, how long have you known Jin?" she asked. "It's almost been five years, right? He left for that culinary course thingy a year after I joined" Hoseok said. "Ohh, nice, nice" Sana said. 

"So how exactly did you guys meet?" Hoseok asked. "I was a volunteer in the college where he studied" she said. "Who started it?" he asked. 

"There you go again! Why are you doing this rapid fire questionnaire?" Jin asked. "Ahh, shut up and answer the questions already" Hoseok said. 

"Aish! He is a nasty goose. Don't mind him" Jin said. "Haha, it's okay. Don't be rude to him, oppa" she said. "And that's how she kills me every single time" Jin said, pointing at his girlfriend.

They suddenly heard someone laugh and turned to look at them. Namjoon and Yoongi walked in, looking at each other and laughing at a joke that Namjoon just cracked. Jin and Hoseok got up and called them out, asking them to walk faster. 

"Late idiots! Come fast" Jin yelled. Namjoon and Yoongi rolled their eyes at Jin and looked at the lady beside Jin. They froze on the spot, horrified by what they were seeing. So was the lady. She sat frozen on her seat, unable to believe her eyes.