28. Something to say

None of them interrupted even though they had 1584 questions running in their minds. What they heard definitely slowed down their gears, but they did not speak a word. They simply stared at Yoongi and Namjoon as if there was an intense round of tennis match going on between them. 

'It makes sense! Everything makes sense now! Ohh my god, every single thing makes sense now!! Why Yoongi hyung wanted revenge, why he was abusing Namjoon hyung, why Namjoon hyung never stopped Yoongi hyung, why he begged Jin hyung to let him stay in the cafe, why Yoongi hyung doesn't allow Namjoon hyung to call him 'hyung', why Namjoon hyung couldn't face him sober, ohh my god, oh my god everything makes complete sense! But does that mean Yoongi hyung spent five years in jail and went through all that torture for something that Namjoon hyung did? Ohh my god, those scars!' the thought of the scars he saw the previous night brought tears to Jungkook's eyes. 

"I want to say something! I am sorry for interrupting, but I really have to say this" Jungkook said, facing Namjoon. 

"I dunno if you really killed Yoongi hyung's girlfriend, but if it true, that means he spent five years in jail for something that you did. He paid for your crime, hyung. He stayed in that jail, alone, with no parents and no friends, and he went through so much torture for something that you did. 

You know what, hyung? I didn't understand half of what he was saying yesterday night, but now everything makes sense. He waited for you in the jail. Even though he knew that you killed her, he strongly believed that there might be some reason. 

He wanted you to come and apologize to him and tell him why you did it. But you ran away and he got tortured by that maniac of a father. The scars on his body are enough to make you go crazy" Jungkook's voice cracked as tears formed in his eyes. 

The fact that streams of tears were running down Namjoon's face were proof enough for every one that Yoongi and Jungkook weren't lying.

"Yesterday, after you cried, we went back home, right? We found Yoongi hyung completely drunk on the stairs of our apartment. I took him to his flat and stayed with him because for the first time, he didn't want to go through his shitty nights alone. 

Do you know what he was mumbling the whole time? He was begging me not to hit him! I had to literally slap him to sober him up a bit. That was when he told me about his jail time. He showed me the scars and told me about how he was tortured by her father almost thrice a week. 

Can you imagine that, hyung? Paying for your best friend's crime, being abandoned by your own parents, getting betrayed by your closest friend, watching your girlfriend get killed by your best friend, and getting to know that even your best friend abandoned you, and getting tortured by your girlfriend's father almost thrice a week.....no wonder he thought he didn't need friends anymore" Jungkook said. 

All of them were in tears by the end of Jungkook's little speech. Mainly Yoongi and Namjoon. 

"Namjoon, there better be a really solid explanation to what happened, cause I am not letting you stay silent this time. Come on, start talking. No matter what, it won't justify what you did, but you really need to start explaining things" Jin said.

Namjoon looked at Yoongi with bloodshot eyes. "Hyung, I will explain everything from the starting. Please, just listen to my side of the story" he pleaded. Yoongi simply tapped the table, waiting for him to continue. 

"It all started with the day I gave Lisa my bank account password to prove how much I love her. Do you remember that, hyung?" Namjoon asked. "Yeah" Yoongi said and frowned. 

"Turns out, she never loved me. She was just using me for my money and fame. Almost two weeks after I told you about it, I got a notification from Seojoon hyung......"