Angry, Dead Boys

Virgil was fuming. Patton had never thought he'd need to use that word before and, even then, it was still an understatement. His cousin was pacing the living room and Patton could see, if only for a moment, spirits of the dead solidify before his very eyes as they tried to calm Virgil down.

There were two regulars, beyond fresh spirits and wisened apparations. One in a posh looking outfit with large sleeves and large shorts. He had a large, bloody stain across his head. The other was terrifying. He had a large, triangular hat that was perched on his head. Half of his body was burnt, leaving him a myriad of scars.

"He's a little, stuck-up, brat!" Virgil complained to the burnt spirit. So far, no one had noticed Patton sitting at the foot of the stairs, watching on silently.

"Calm, Virgil," Said the burnt spirit, his arms flickering as he grabbed Virgil by the shoulders, forcing him to stop pacing. Anyone else watching would've seen Virgil stop on his own accord. Anyone else would just see Virgil with his black eyes suddenly white, hovering slightly. Patton could see it all, though. Kind off.

The one in the funny suit swept behind Virgil, hugging him from behind. "Trust me, I will hurt that little bitch for smashing your head through a window, Virgie. Roman will pay."

"I'm just his problem! I don't know what his deal is with me!" Virgil whined angrily, sucking in his cheeks in annoyance. "Can't he just, like, not hate me?"

"I'm telling you now, Virgil, he's getting on my nerves. It won't take long for me to curse him now." Smirked the burnt one. Patton could see he had a yellow outline - this meant he was a vengeful spirit. Yes, Patton once stole Logan's' Book to look up auras. It's not his fault that he could half see ghosts.

The one with the funny suit was floating above Virgil's' head. "And I'll force you to bring me back just so I can smash a mace into his head." He had a green aura. He was an impulsive spirit.

Virgil smirked slightly, the cuts over his head healing rapidly. "I wouldn't need to be forced for that, Remus."

"My dear Virgil, I still keep in contact with the Frenchman who beheaded my second wife. I could request his assistance in thy troubles." One said with a bow- he was a very fat man, his stomach swollen, and was dressed red robes lined with fur with a crown placed on his head.

"Tempting, Henry, tempting... How is Anne? Last I heard, she and Catherine Two were getting along rather well." Virgil said, breaking away from his anger briefly.

The fat man, Henry, beamed. "I'm proud my wives are getting along. Even Catherine One has forgiven me."

Virgil smiled and he gave a small incline of his head in mutual respect. But he inhaled and the anger returned to his whitened eyes.

"Commander, I know I group of Celts who could assist here too. If this- this Roman beast refuses to treat you with respect I will happily introduce them..." A spirit offered. He was missing a leg and had bandages wound around his chest, dressed in camouflage and a tin hat.

Virgil nodded and clenched his fists. "When my father found out, he'll make everyone think twice about crossing me."

"Virgil!" Gasped a turbaned man. Virgil snapped round to look at him and then nodded in a silent conversation Patton just couldn't hear. Suddenly the world seemed to zoom out and Patton was following Logan downstairs with the others.

Patton frowned, pausing at the first step. "B-But I was just down there..." He mumbled, confused. Nevertheless, he hopped down each step at a time, arriving back in the living room quickly.

Virgil was hovering, eyes wide and staring and white. He was staring blankly ahead, rotating slowly. It was unnerving and creepy. He was doing a very good job at pretending to be communicating with the dead - Patton knew he wasn't, he'd be able to see it.