Publicised

Virgil glanced at out of the window and turned away from it, sinking against the counter with a blushing face. Remus peered out for him and sighed. "Are you ever going to give up your crush on him? It's been generations, Virge, he's never gonna catch on!"

"He might..." Mumbled Virgil. He shook his head clear of his gay thoughts and glanced back out of the window. Roman and Logan were both wearing earthling swimming trunks, messing around. Logan was holding his book, standing in the sea, only as deep as his knees while Roman had run ahead, already waist-deep, with his choker tight around his neck. Virgil forced his face to settle back to its' pallor complexion and slipped his ring further up his finger. If anyone had been looking in the camper-van, they'd have seen a boy vanish.

Good thing no one was paying attention to him anymore.

.:*:.

Patton splashed Logan, laughing at the protests. He stumbled through the sea and flicked water at Logan's' chest.

"Pat! Don't splash the Book! Mother will kill me!" Said Logan hotly, twisting so the water landed on his back.

"Give the book to Talyn, then, if you're so worried about it!" Cackled Roman, splashing Logan from the other side.

Logan scowled, wading backwards. "Fine! I will!" And he turned and tried to march through to water to the sunbathing mortal.

Talyn lowered their pair of sunglasses. "Logan. Bro. Sup?"

"Can you take care of the Book? I do not want it to be splashed and I cannot let it be left unattended."

Talyn hesitated. Despite travelling with the gods for three days and being far more comfortable with them, the Book still scared them. The idea that something knew everything about you and could tell you the answer to anything with a simple thought made them uncomfortable even holding it, nervous that it would prise into their brain. They took the Book.

Logan nodded. "Thank you, Talyn. You can always give it to Thomas or Joan if you want."

Talyn shrugged. "Go have fun, calculator watch!"

Unsure whether to question them about it or not, Logan walked back to the sea, greeting its' coolness. Roman walked up to him with a large smile plastered on his face and whispered in his ear, "Those women are watching me."

Logan followed the others' glance and found the women Roman meant. They were on the older side of youth, thirty-four at the most. A group of nine, they watched Roman with predatory hunger and Logan saw how uncomfortable they made his best friend.

"I guess you want them to stop staring?"

"Yep."

"Why can't you get Patton to do this?"

Roman fixed him with a look. "Really?"

Logan sighed. "Fine." He awkwardly slipped his arm around his best friend's' waist and the women turned away with sad, petulant groans. The god knew it wasn't his friends' fault. Roman was beautiful and, even in Olympus, quick deters like this were almost daily. Patton never liked helping with this, never understanding how serious a simple attraction could become - he always saw the best in people.

When the final woman had torn her gaze away from Roman, the two gods jumped away from each other instantly.

"I'm sorry you have to do that all the time, Lo..." Roman apologised, running his hand through his hair.

Logan gave him a sympathetic glance. "That's fine Roman. I can't blame you for your magic. It would be like blaming Patton's' outbursts when he gets emotional." Roman returned the smile, although it looked nearly forced.