Were You Watching My Cousin Sleep?

Roman had been sitting on the bench with a sleeping Virgil, whose head rested on his shoulder, for at least half an hour now. The McDonalds had, somehow, taken a surprisingly long time to cook and everyone else had scampered off to look around this mortal building. Why was Roman still with Virgil? Because when the god had been laid down on the bench in a deep sleep, he'd wrapped his arms around Roman's' waist and was surprisingly strong. Virgil displayed all the strength he'd fought Roman with back at Thomas's' house while asleep. Wait... Did that mean he'd hardly even tried when he fought Roman?

Obviously, Roman had seen Virgil around, often at arenas or mini Olympics. Virgil had won everything he participated in until Zeus had to ban him a couple of years back for being 'too good'. How did Roman not notice him then? Virgil never looked tired at all when he collected his rewards and Roman had once seen him in an arena sparring against four spirits all by himself. These were impressive acts of strength, done by someone so hilariously skinny and frail that Roman must've just looked right past all these feats, focusing on those who looked like they'd actually completed these acts, like Anthony.

Patton had always seemed to promote Virgil's' physical strength during the only generations of his friendship with Roman and Logan, often talking to Roman about it because Logan never understood much about raw strength when you should've been 'strengthening your mind'.

All these years, Roman mused, and I've found someone who's probably as strong as me. Ares was the only other resident of Olympus as strong as Roman but the young god had decided never to interact with that man as much as he could.

Roman turned his gaze across to Virgil, to banish the idea of his father. He had loosened his grip but Roman knew that, if he tried to move, Virgil would just tighten his hold and keep Roman there for longer. Despite the others' twitching and flinching, the god looked peaceful, nearly regal, in his sleep. His shoulders weren't hunched up around his neck, he wasn't scowling and he wasn't trying to hide. His almost amused expression reminded Roman of Hades, how the God was always smiling knowingly, always playing some sort of humourless, harmful trick, while being completely at peace with himself.

Virgil sagged slightly, falling into Roman's' lap, forehead resting against Roman's' abdomen. The attractive god felt his face heat up and he tried to move Virgil back onto his shoulder, insisting to himself that he was uncomfortable, despite the silent, pleasant realisation that he could see Virgil better now. The emo seemed to almost refuse to move, baring his sharp teeth with a hiss. Roman jumped his hands away from the other, surprised. Instantly, Virgil relaxed again, moving closer into Roman with a tired noise.

Before it'd even registered, Roman began to softly run his fingers through Virgil's' hair. It had always looked greasy and slick but Roman was surprised to find it soft and practically fluffy.

Virgil made another weird noise and mumbled something.

"Huh?" Asked Roman jokingly.

"If you tell anyone, I'm running away, Patton..."

Roman tried not to laugh when Virgil mistook him for his cousin. No wonder the god had been so casual with him, he must've believed that Patton was staying with him whilst he slept like he often did. Continuing to play with Virgil's' hair, a minute or two passed with agonising speed. Then Roman heard someone clear their throat. He looked up to see Patton.

"Uh, Pat?" He said, hinting for his friend to say whatever it was he wanted.

"Roman, were you watching my cousin sleep?"