⚝Extended Summary + Playlist⚝

SUMMARY OF BOOK ONE

SUMMARY OF BOOK ONE

Princess Eimi of the Northern Water Tribe despised the traditions set in place for her and her sister. They were the bane of her existence, and she usually broke one rule a day, most of the times by accident. She wished there was something she could do, but she wasn't the eldest sister, nor was she courageous enough to change anything. Yue, her older sister, didn't agree with some of the things she said, either, so she was subjected to live in the sexist society. That was a reason why she built up walls around her heart so she could hide away, in case things got to be too much. And they usually did.

And that was when one of the most annoying and cutest guys came to the Northern Water Tribe. He wasn't alone; his sister and best friend -- which happened to be the Avatar -- were with this guy. Eimi wasn't a fan of him, but his sister was slowly growing on her because they shared the same views. She didn't hardly speak with the Avatar, but he seemed like a nice little guy, and he followed Katara around, listening to whatever she said. Maybe they would be able to save Eimi and Yue from their awful traditions. 

One of the worst traditions was the one where Eimi and Yue were paired off with random guys from the town. Yue had already been engaged for a while to a meathead named Hahn, and Eimi hated it. She hated Hahn with every part of her, but there was nothing she could do about it. There was nothing Sokka, one of the newcomers, could do, either. He obviously had feelings for Yue already, and he kept chasing after her because he didn't know that she was engaged. Eimi was mad at him because he should have known that Yue was off-limits. Fortunately for her, though, she didn't have a fiancé yet. She didn't want one, even if her fiancé turned out to be Navrek, her best friend. They both had an understanding that he would try to be her fiancé if he could. 

She thought that things would take a turn for the worst when the Avatar landed on their shores, but nothing happened for a couple of days. However, she was hopeful too soon: the Fire Nation had found her home. Eimi could feel bad things coming, but just how bad would they be? She wasn't sure, but she knew she had to fight against whoever was going to try to take her home away from her. She wouldn't go down without a fight, no matter how hard things would be. 

PLAYLIST

paralyzed by nf; "waves come crashing over me but I just watch 'em, I just watch 'em, i'm underwater but I feel like I'm on top of it."

speechless by naomi scott; "here comes a wave meant to wash me away, a tide that is taking me under."

oxygen by maia mitchell; "i wanna be the ocean to your shore, bring you comfort evermore."

cry wolf by the girl and the dreamcatcher; "water is rising it's filling the room, light of my life darling we are renewed. if i am the waves then you must be the moon, you pull so hard I am drowning."

big time by ryan mccartan; "with me you'll always have a home. like the ocean we are tide."

hurricane by the vamps; "smiling in the rain, no the drops can't tear my world apart."

waves by sheppard; "there is a swelling storm and I'm caught up in the middle of it all."

not goodbye by colton dixon; "here's to the ones who have gone up ahead. you light up the stars in the night. here's to the ones we will never forget. we'll meet again when it's time."

older than i am by lennon stella; "my heart's seen things i wish it didn't. somewhere i lost some of my innocence, and i miss it."

tastes like karma by madilyn; "you weren't part of the design, but the planets and stars have aligned."

deep end by holly humberstone; "throw me in the deep end. i'm ready now to swim."

obsessed by maggie lindemann; "i feel your chest, but i can't find your heart. got more muscles than the ocean."

leap of faith by christopher; "we watching the clouds, changing shapes. wait for a storm and taste the rain. but if we're standing still, now it'll be too late."

This amazing aesthetic was made by the wonderful Sophie from thesterlings

Warning: There are mentions of suicide, anxiety, and depression in this. Read at your own risk.

Here is the original cover:

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I only own Konno, her friends, and her story.