⚝Chapter Four⚝

Their mother father ushered Yue and Eimi to the palace. Eimi was bursting with questions, but she didn't say anything. She knew her father wouldn't answer anything. He probably didn't know anything, either. It looked like the Avatar and his friends had just gotten there. 

"Kyetoyi," Father said, addressing Mother, "go tell the cooks to start making dinner. Tell them they need to add three more servings to it."

Mother strolled through the hallway, and Eimi tagged along. She always loved visiting the staff that worked at the palace. They were nice people, but she didn't think anyone else treated them like people. She went out of her way to be nice to them. Especially because all of them were women.

"Can you believe the Avatar is back?" Mother asked with a giddy tone. 

"No," Eimi replied honestly. "I thought the Avatar died years ago and never came back. I thought we were supposed to be in this dark world until the Spirits took it back."

"You and your dark thoughts," Mother said, rolling her eyes. "Maybe the Spirits are taking the world back with the Avatar. I believe that he will bring balance to this world."

They entered the kitchen to find the cooks already bustling about. Eimi plastered a smile on her face. The head cook, a large woman named Kallok, walked over to them, holding a large bowl of stew. "Try this," she said, shoving the spoon toward Eimi.

Eimi opened her mouth and the stew slipped down her throat. She sputtered as it burned all the way down. However, the taste exploded in her mouth, and she nodded. "That is great," she said after wiping her mouth with a piece of cloth. "Are you serving it tonight?"

"Yes."

"I cannot wait."

Kallok smiled and turned to walk away. However, Kyetoyi reached out and said, "Wait. Do you think you could made three more servings? We have visitors."

Kallok nodded. "I can do that. No one has been here in a hundred years. Who is it?"

"The Avatar."

The bustling and noise in the kitchen ceased. Everyone stared at Kyetoyi and Eimi, wondering if they were joking. They weren't. Slowly, that word kept being repeated over and over, spreading farther to the back of the kitchen. 

"The Avatar?" Kallok bellowed. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? It has to be perfect!"

Eimi held out hands to calm her down. "It is great. I'm sure he'll like it very much."

It didn't seem like Kallok listened. She turned around and thundered toward the other cooks. Eimi and Kyetoyi took that as their turn to leave, so they slipped out. It was much quieter out in the hallway, but they could still hear the shouts from Kallok.

"This is an exciting time, Eimi," Mother said, her smile spreading across her face. "We have to find the perfect outfit for both you and Yue."

She rolled her eyes. Royals and their multitude of outfits. She liked her outfit just fine. It consisted of a blue fur dress that covered dark leggings. She guessed it didn't work for the special occasion, especially for the celebration for her and Yue's birthday. And she guessed that her mother had something ready for her.

"Could you go fetch your sister, Eimi?" Mother asked. 

"Of course."

"When you find her, meet me in my chambers."

"Yes, Mother."

Eimi split off from Mother. If she knew Yue, she would be with Father and maybe Hahn. And they most likely would be near the main citadel where the celebration would be held. She was correct, of course.