⚝Chapter Fourteen⚝

Eimi had no clue where Yue went. She should've known but for some odd reason, she didn't. She hated herself for not knowing where her sister went, and she didn't even know why she ran off. What kind of sister didn't know when her only sibling was upset?

The blues and whites of igloos and houses passed by Eimi in a blur as she ran. She needed to find Yue. It had been at least ten minutes since she last ran off. She could've been anywhere by now, and Eimi was worried. Yue never ran off; it was her that usually ran off to spend some time alone. She wouldn't know where to find Yue.

The first place Eimi checked was the Spirit Oasis. That was their favorite place in the Northern Water Tribe, but she wasn't there. Eimi sat down for a second to catch her breath and think harder about where her sister was. 

Eimi threw off her parka, laying back on it. Her dark hair fell out of the braid that it was in, spilling around her head and shoulders. Her eyes bore into the ceiling, anger replacing her confusion. Why would her sister run away like that? And why did Sokka follow her? Wouldn't Yue want her sister instead of a guy who made her confused? 

However, maybe Yue was upset with Eimi. She didn't know why she would be upset, but maybe she was. Ever since Sokka and his friends came, her life had gotten crazy. He was slowly driving a wedge between Yue and Eimi. Or maybe it was just Eimi who was driving that wedge. She shouldn't blame anyone else. She didn't tell Yue the other person that was always on her mind. She always talked rudely about Hahn. Eimi should've tried to like him because that was what Yue wanted. It didn't matter how she felt about him, it mattered what Yue felt. And she ignored that.

Eimi sat up and groaned. Her dark hair fell across her shoulders, covering her face. It blocked the light coming from the sun, and she was okay with that. She didn't want to see the sun right now. It'll only remind her of the bubbly personality of Yue, and she was still upset that she couldn't think of a place she might go. 

Eimi let out a yell, hearing it echo around her. Why couldn't she think of a place where her sister would go? It wasn't like she didn't talk to her. But she didn't talk to Yue about places where she'd go if she ran away. The only thing they had been talking about recently was boys. Curse boys! There was no reason for them to talk about boys every time they spoke. There were more important things to talk about than freaking boys. 

Eimi got up, grabbing her parka. Instead of laying around in the Spirit Oasis, she could ask someone where Yue could have gone. She angrily tugged on her parka, stomping away from the warm room. She didn't mind the cold air when it hit her face. In fact, she gladly accepted it. Her favorite thing about the Northern Water Tribe was the cold weather. There was something about the cold weather that allowed Eimi to feel . . . numb most of the time. Being numb was better than letting her emotions run wild. 

That's the main reason why she had her walls. Having her walls allowed her to not show every part of herself, to hide away her true feelings. Keeping her feelings bottled up inside was easy. She was used to not telling people how she felt, especially the men in her society. If she were to tell her father how she was feeling, he would shut her down and tell her to suck it up. There was no point in saying anything when she would be told to be silent. 

Eimi made it to the city. She saw many of her people walking around, chatting to each other about the fight between Katara and Master Pakku. Then she heard his voice across the clearing. "Yes, I'm marrying Princess Yue. She's super hot, isn't she?"

Eimi growled, balling her hands into fists. How could he go around her city, telling people that her sister was hot? Before Eimi could change her mind, she marched over to Hahn and said, "If I were you, I'd stop telling people that Princess Yue is hot."