⚝Chapter Thirteen⚝

Eimi wanted to catch up with Sokka, but him and Aang and Katara were walking hurriedly down the long steps of the citadel. She wanted to tell Katara that she was rooting for her. She wanted to ask Sokka if he believed in his sister. But Yue had grabbed hold of Eimi's arm, dragging her toward the side where no one else stood. 

"This is exciting!" Yue said softly.

Eimi frowned, surprised at the forwardness of her sister. "Yes, it is exciting. I just want her to knock him down a peg instead of him knocking her down a whole level. If he wins, what will happen to the rest of the female waterbenders here?"

"But this is what you want," Yue said slowly. "I know she'll do fine out there."

"How do you know that? You can't see the future."

Yue looked at Eimi for a second, something playing through her mind. Eimi knew she was snapping, but she didn't know why. 

"I believe in her, and you should too," Yue said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I do," Eimi said quickly. "I'm just worried. That's all."

She wanted to tell Yue that she didn't mean to snap, but she didn't. She hoped her sister knew. Instead, she turned and saw that Master Pakku standing at the top of the stairs, staring down at Katara. 

"So, you decided to show up?" Katara asked, her voice echoing across the icy expanse. Master Pakku walked past her. "Aren't you gonna fight?"

"Go back to the healing huts with the other women where you belong," Master Pakku said without turning around. 

Eimi balled her hands into fists. How dare he say that about women? That was saying that men had the opportunity to fight, but women couldn't. Men had the opportunity to hung, but women couldn't. Women had to stay in the kitchen. Women had to take care of the children.

Katara drew back before sending a water whip at Master Pakku's neck. She could hear the slap from here, and she was farther away than before. Yue grabbed her hand and pulled her forward until they were standing near Sokka and Aang.

"Fine. You want to learn to fight so bad, study closely!" Master Pakku snapped, turning to face her. The two large pools of water rose above the ground, and it flung Katara backward. She ended up about ten feet away from him, so he captured her in a wall. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you!" he yelled mockingly. 

"What's going on here?"

Eimi jumped, glancing at Navrek. He stood directly behind her, but he could see over her head. "Katara is attacking Master Pakku because he refuses to teach her," Eimi answered.

His eyes went wide. "Even I wouldn't go against Master Pakku! How is she going to do that?"

"She is angry. Angry women are a force to be reckoned with."

Suddenly, Sokka flew off to the side. Eimi almost rushed to his side, but Yue beat her to it. Instead, she stayed near Navrek, hating how her heart beat a little faster. She wouldn't have acknowledged it if it weren't for Yue. She was content with living without those feelings. She doubted he felt the same way. How could someone like her? She couldn't understand it.

A ramp of ice rose in front of Katara but she ran up it before back-flipping off, landing neatly on the guardrail of the citadel steps behind Master Pakku. However, he liquefied the guardrail and threw it at her while encasing her feet in ice. She bent it away, yelling, "You can't knock me down!"

Eimi cheered with the rest of the crowed. "Go Katara!" Aang yelled, pumping his fist in the air.

"Beat him, Katara!" Eimi yelled, ignoring the protesting looks from her father. "You got this!"