Chapter 1(Too late, sweetheart)

Bayley had just woken up from a nap. She had worked an overnight shift at the station the night before and she needed to rest before her appointment that afternoon. She was meeting with a woman to go over decoration plans for her new house. Bayley had jumped in the shower to freshen up. She quickly got dressed and sat on the couch in her living room awaiting the woman's arrival. She didn't have much in her new home, just some things that she bought to make living comfortable until she meet with Ms Corbin.

Sasha took a deep breath as she finished her make-up. Over the past three years, she'd become a pro at covering up the bruises on her face and neck. At least her job wasn't strenuous and she never had a problem with the people she worked with sensing her pain, both physical and mental. Once she was sure that all of the purple was covered around her eye, she went to grab her things to head to her new client's house. She knew as much as the woman's name was Bayley Martinez and she'd just moved into a house on the other side of Boulder.

Sasha shoved the papers and a few other things into her case before slinging the strap over her shoulder and grabbing her car keys. Thankfully her husband, Baron Corbin was out on a double shift, so she wouldn't have to see him until late that evening whenever he decided to come home. Setting the GPS in her car, she followed the directions until she pulled up in front of the house. It was a nice little single family home. After taking a moment to examine the outside, she went up to the front door and rang the doorbell to wait.

Just as Bayley was about to open her phone to peruse the internet she heard her doorbell go off. She stood up and walked over to the door and opened it with a smile. "You must be Sasha?" She gave the woman a once over. She was absolutely stunning. She had blue hair, a killer body and the most beautiful smile. She was definitely Bayley's type. "Please come in." She said as she pulled the door open further to let the woman in.

Sasha looked up when the door opened. She plastered her typical smile on her face at the sight of the dark haired woman. "Bayley?" She questioned as she walked into the home. Sasha just shook her head when she noticed some boxes still around the living room. Yup, she definitely just moved in. The house was something she could work with. "I can see you're still getting settled in." She commented as she helped herself to looking around room to room.

It didn't go unnoticed by her the way Bayley looked her over the door. In a way, it made her feel special. Special was something Baron never gave her anymore. Just as she did in any house she was helping with, she helped herself to exploring everything on the first floor. The kitchen was quaint but could definitely use a new coat of paint. The living room needed some love as well. But she couldn't plan anything with getting a feel for what Bayley liked.

Bayley checked the woman's backside out as she shut the door behind her. She was definitely a bombshell, but Bayley noticed the ring on her finger. She sighed softly to herself. "Yeah. Still getting settled in." She said as the woman looked around her house.

"I don't have much furniture wise...just a few boxes of personal things." She stated. "So basically it's a blank canvas." She followed Sasha around the first floor as the woman looks the place over. Bayley didn't have an eye for decorating or anything...that was usually something her ex took care of. "There are three bedrooms upstairs and another bathroom if you want to look at that." She said, unsure of what the woman needed to know.

Sasha nodded as she sat down on the sofa. "I think we could start down here. I usually like starting in the living room, dining room and kitchen. They're the rooms that guests see the most when coming to visit."

Bayley smiled and sat next to the woman on the couch. "That makes sense."

Sasha opened up her bag at that point to pull out a few papers as well as a contract. "Before starting, however, I need to go over some things with you for cost. I'm sure my secretary went over the basics with you, but it's just a formality to show you it on paper." She smiled some as she glanced to Bayley. The woman was beautiful, she could admit that.