Chapter 28(Some things don't change)

Sasha kept glancing into the backseat as Bayley drove her home. She saw the way that Bentley was sleeping in his carrier, but she couldn't take her eyes off of him. Now that she was finally going home with her family, she was relieved. "You haven't destroyed everything have you?" She joked softly as she glanced to Bayley.

Bayley was watching the traffic as she drove down the familiar streets. Ever since Sasha's accident she had been driving a lot more carefully... especially when Bentley was in the car, too. She looked over at her fiancée briefly as she smiled. "No. I haven't. Have a little faith, babe." She chuckled. "I kept the house clean."

Smiling some, Sasha reached out to take her hand as she drove. "I've been gone for far too long..." She looked up as they got close, it was weird not seeing her own car in the driveway, but it was totaled from the wreck and she'd eventually have to get a new one.

Bayley turned into their neighborhood as she nodded. "I know. I'm so glad you're coming home. I've missed you in our bed." She said as she pulled into the driveway. Bayley parked the car and got out to walk around and help Sasha out of the car before going in the back to grab the car seat and Bentley's bag.

Sasha looked out the window at the snow on the ground. "I can't believe that I missed Christmas... I still have to give you my present." She smiled sadly to her. Sasha still blamed herself for what had happened. She shouldn't have left that night.

Bayley got everything out of the car and shut the door. "What's the present?" She asked curiously. "Because I got you something, too. And I wanted to wait till you were home to give it to you."

Sasha kept her eyes on Bentley once Bayley got him out of the car. "You'll have to find out later tonight once he's in bed."

"I know that I can't carry him yet, but at least let me take the bag." Sasha reached out for it and smiled when she got it and put it over her shoulder. She took the keys from her fiancée and went to unlock the door for them.

Bayley handed Sasha the bag as they headed up the driveway. She walked through the front door. She set the sleeping baby in the car seat on the ground as she took her jacket and shoes off before unbuckling him and picking him up, cradling him to her chest. Bayley leaned over to kiss Sasha before she walked into the living room and sat in the corner of the couch with Bentley still in her arms.

Sasha smiled into the kiss. "I love you so much." She smiled to her as she sat down beside her fiancée on the sofa. "I want to hold him. I'm sitting so I'm allowed to hold him now." Sasha was so attached to her baby and couldn't get enough of him. It took all Sasha had not to coo at him when she had him in her arms and shifted so she could lay her head down onto Bayley's lap.

Bayley smiled as her fiancée came and sat next to her on the couch. She sighed and sat up some to put Bentley in Sasha's arms. She loved being close to her son, but she had spent a lot of time with him alone the past few weeks. She kissed her fiancée's temple as she placed the little boy in her arms. She leaned back and helped Sasha lay her head in her lap. She ran her fingers through the woman's hair. "So why does Bentley have to be in bed to get my present?" She asked curiously. "I want to give you your present, too. I hope you will love it." She said with a chuckle.

Sasha sighed softly as she felt Bayley's fingers through her hair. "Because I want to have a Christmas with just you, baby. I love Bentley, but we should have been able to have Christmas without him yet." She turned her head some in order to look at the tree. Sasha smiled sadly before she sat up some.

"Can you turn the tree on? I know it's past Christmas, but please baby..." Sasha was forced to sit up anyway once Bentley started fussing a little bit. "What's the matter, baby." She asked as she held him to her chest.