Chapter 30(Dammit, Bayley)

Bayley was working overtime at work to make up for Sasha quitting her job. She completely understood why her fiancée wanted to quit, and she fully supported it, but they needed to make up for the loss of income. She was glad that it was Friday and she had the whole weekend off, but she was not happy to be spending it with awkwardness still in the house.

The two women hadn't been communicating a whole lot on a deeper level since the incident. Bayley could tell that her fiancée was fighting with some internal struggle... but she would wait for Sasha to come to her. Bayley parked the car in the driveway and walked into the house. She quickly took off her jacket and boots before just walking past Sasha and Bentley and up the stairs to their bedroom.

Sasha looked up from her laptop when she heard the door open. She'd spent all day at home with Bentley and getting her resume together to submit to new job prospects, one that looked promising was a teaching position at the University of Colorado in Denver. It would be a bit of a drive for her everyday, but she had a feeling that she would love it. She stayed silent as she watched her fiancée take off her jacket and boots before walking right up the steps, causing Sasha to frown.

Bayley was tired. Not necessarily because of work, but mostly because of the tension that was in the air at home. She tried her best to lessen it, but it was just getting harder. It was taking a toll on her emotionally. Bayley started to change out of her uniform. She got down to her boxer briefs and tank top before folding it up and throwing it in the hamper. She was happy that it was the weekend... It meant that she didn't have to work the next two days, but she would be stuck at home hoping that her and Sasha didn't fight...and just pretending that everything was fine.

Since the incident, things had definitely been strained with the couple, and Sasha knew it was all her fault, stemming from her insecurities about what Bayley said on that day. Sasha reached out to reset the timer on Bentley's swing as it rocked him slowly before she flipped on the monitor and went upstairs after Bayley. "Hello to you too," she stated softly.

Bayley turned around before opening the dresser and looked at her fiancée. "Hi." She said as she turned her attention back to the dresser, pulling out a pair of sweatpants and changing out of her tank top. She grabbed her police academy T-shirt and pulled it over her head before climbing into their bed.

Sasha frowned at the small response that she got from Bayley. It hurt her that Bayley hadn't even bothered to ask how her day was or anything, only briefly responding to her previous statement. She didn't even ask how Bentley was. Nothing. Sasha was aware of the fact that Bayley had been working more and she understood that. "I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you?" She didn't even try to hold back the slight bitterness in her voice as she watched Bayley get dressed and head to bed.

Bayley sighed softly as she climbed under the covers and pulled them up over her body. She rolled her eyes and looked over at Sasha. "How are you? I'm tired." She said as she looked back at the TV. Sasha was hot and cold most days...so Bayley just left her alone until she talked to her...she never knew whether Sasha would want to talk or not, which made it harder for her.

Sasha folded her arms over her chest and just leaned against the door frame. "I got a call back from the University of Colorado today." She started off softly.

Bayley relaxed in the pillows and reached over for the TV remote. She had just planned on spending the evening in bed...she really didn't care what Sasha wanted to do, it was up to the other woman. She looked over at her fiancée and nodded. "That's good. I'm guessing you have an interview." She said as she quietly flipped through the channels.

Sasha sighed softly as she just looked at her fiancée. She closed her eyes for a moment and shook her head softly. "It's obvious you don't want to talk to me. I'll just go back down with Bentley..." Sasha hung her head some as she left the room.