Chapter 29(I thought I was back with him)

Sasha was happy that she was back at work. She was thankful that her company allowed her full 3 months maternity leave before expecting her back. She was currently working on her second client since returning. Her first one had been just a simple redesign in a bedroom that took less than a week to complete. Now, she was in the home of a man, helping him through design ideas for his living room.

This was her second day in his house and he seemed like a nice enough man. "Here's what I came up with for your living room." Sasha leaned a little bit closer to him to show him the designs. Thankfully, he seemed to like everything and gave her just a few insights to changing it. They decided through the colors for the walls and the carpet before Sasha made a few notes in her notebook about it. "I'm going to head out and get these orders put in so we can get started on your living room." She explained to him, but that was when it happened.

The man grabbed her arm to make her sit back down. "I think you can stay here and place the orders, can't you?" Sasha froze and slowly sat back down. He was nice enough about it, but she was afraid to push it.

"Jason, my computer at home is set up directly with the sellers to get these orders put in." Sasha tried to explain, but his face fell.

"No, I have a computer you can use. You're staying here." He stated flatly to her.

Sasha kept her eyes on Jason as he stood up from the table to get her a glass of water. "I have a child at home." She tried to reason with him.

"You could always bring the child here. I would take good care of both of you." Sasha took a slow, deep breath to calm herself down. It was then that she heard the vibration in her briefcase.

Bayley was sitting at the restaurant that her and Sasha had agreed upon meeting at for lunch that morning. She leaned back and thanked the waitress for bringing her the water. She looked at her watch and realized that it was 15 minutes after the time that she and her fiancée were supposed to meet. It was unlike Sasha to be late, because she knew that Bayley only had an hour for lunch. She reached in her pocket and pulled out her phone, dialing her fiancée's number. She leaned back in the chair as she looked outside. She hit the send button and put the phone up to her ear.

Sasha glanced over and saw Bayley's name on the screen before she reached in and accepted the phone call to connect it. She shifted a folder over her phone so the screen would be covered. "I'm supposed to meet my fiancée for lunch now." Sasha said as Jason came back to the table and put down her glass.

Bayley took a drink of her water as the phone started to ring. She heard the phone pick up, but didn't hear Sasha on the other end. "Hello?" She said as she sat up some. She listened hearing her fiancée talk to someone on the other end of the phone. She had to listen closely because the conversation was muffled. From what she could make out of it something may have been wrong. She hadn't ordered anything from the restaurant yet so she quickly got up and went outside.

"Then I guess you're going to have to reschedule, aren't you?" Jason looked down at her making Sasha sink back some.

"I really need to go now," Sasha tried one more time but Jason slammed his hand down onto the table.

"Do you know how long it's been since I've had a beautiful woman in my house, Sasha?"

"Baby? Are you there?" Bayley asked, hoping she accidentally answered. She hear the man's fist slam on the table...and she instantly went into overdrive. She pulled up her texts telling Roman to get back to the patrol car ASAP. She got in the car and waited for her partner. She picked up the radio and called back to central station, "This is Unit 10 to command... trace the location of the caller on my cell phone." Bayley said as she set her phone on speaker in the cup holder. "Phone number 303-555-0436, over." She said as Roman jumped in the car.