Prologue 2

Sun's POV

Feather didn't tell us when Scourge died. I think she was trying to protect us. But Willow, Berry and I are almost six moons old now. Bone told me if we'd be in clan, we would be made apprentices at that age. Feather knew all along Scourge was dead all those moons ago. But she left us to figure it out on our own when we saw Brick and Bone drag our fathers small body into the twolegplace alley. Feather was on her den the whole time, grieving.

That was six moons ago. Today, Willow, Berry and I are celebrating our 'apprenticeship'. Of course, without Feather and Scourge. Oh yeah, Feather is dead, too. She got sick after eating a poisoned rat and died a few days after the great battle with the clans. We miss our parents, but we still have each other. We always will, especially when we leave BloodClan. That's right. BloodClan hasn't been the same since Feather and Scourge died. That's why we're leaving. All three of us; to go find a better home. I know Scourge would've wanted one of us to lead BloodClan after Bone, but most of our cats are dead from the battle that killed our father. It's just not the same, like I said. Maybe we'll find a clan, or a group of rogues we can live with. Or, if we have to, find twolegs to care for us. I'm not too keen on becoming a kittypet, but I also know Willow, Berry and I can't survive on our own. We're sneaking out tonight. It's not easy when cats keep walking up to you and congratulating you on reaching six moons of age. My heart keeps twisting painfully at the fact that I'll never seen them again after tonight. I'm proud of my clan. But we've planned this for days; moons even. There's no way we're backing out now.
And, when the time comes, we say farewell to our old home.

It's time to find a new future.

~ Sun