Chapter 4

Stormpaw's POV
"Stormpaw, you're staying in camp." Greystream meowed. "I don't want you getting hurt."
"But I won't! It not like I can't fight. Bone and Feather taught me some moves." Stormpaw flicked her tail irritably. "Besides, you've also taught me a few moves!"
"Still! You're my sister. I'm not risking anything 'till your the best fighter in the clan!" Greystream purred. He rasped his tongue over her ears affectionately.
"Greystream!" Snowfeather yowled. "Hurry up! The battle patrol is leaving!"
"Take care. It's only five of us going anyway. A small cat causing trouble won't be hard to chase off."
"Then why do you need five warriors?"
"There's dogs and other dangers, too. Rainstar himself is coming! Now stop asking questions!" He darted over to Snowfeather. Stormpaw watched him follow the white she-cat out of the gorse barrier until their pelts were out of sight.
Redpaw padded up beside her. "You've already bonded a lot with your brother," He remarked. Stormpaw nodded.
"He's so friendly and caring. I couldn't ask for a better mentor!" She purred. "How's Mossheart?"
"She's great. But I still can't remember all the herbs." He sighed.
"You know, I never knew you wanted to be a medi me cat." Stormpaw remembered her surprise as Redpaw had agreed to becoming a medicine cat apprentice.
"Hmm. Yeah. I've always been fascinated with leaves and stuff."
Stormpas purred. "Speaking of leaves and stuff, wanna come with me and Beechpaw and Tigerpaw into the forest? It's the third day of being a CloudClan apprentice- and I've only had one training session!"
"I don't know. What are you doing?"
"Maybe some hunting. Feather taught me how. See?" Stormpaw crouched to the ground, careful to keep her haunches tucked in and get tail still. She flattened her ears and crept forward, then pounced. But she tripped over her own paws and with a loud screech, she sprawled onto her back, paws flailing. "Oof!"
Redpaw purred with amusement. Stormpaw felt hot with embarrassment. She scrambled to her paws and awkwardly shook out her ruffled silver fur.
"Sorry. I'd love to help you scare away all the prey, but Mossheart is teaching me how to get the juice out of leaf stems." The russet tom explained tauntingly. "See you later!" He bounded off.
Stormpaw growled under her breath. Maybe I should stop being such a show off, she thought. Lucky Goldpaw. Nightfeather is teaching her battle moves. Grumbling, she headed toward the apprentice den where Tigerpaw and Beechpaw, the two brothers, we're hanging around. Snowfeather and Jaystripe were also on the patrol with Greystream, Rainstar and Sasha, so they had agreed to kill some time by hunting.

"What did you catch?" Tigerpaw emerged out of the ferns, a plump vole dangling from his jaws.
"Nothing, except for a mouse. I buried it." Stormpaw replied sheepishly, hot embarrassment flooding through her pelt. "Nice prey!"
"It was actually half dead by the time I found it," Tigerpaw admitted with a purr. "Here comes Beechpaw!"
Stormpaw glanced at the small light brown tom appearing out of the shadows. He wasn't carrying any prey.
"Where've you been? There's a lot of prey out in the warm weather today." Tigerpaw teased his brother.
"Maybe I wasn't focusing enough," Beechpaw grumbled. "Can we go? It's about time Snowfeather and the patrol returned from the twolegplace."
Sure enough, as soon as they returned to camp, a large group of cats was crowding around Snowfeather, Greystream, Sasha and Jaystripe.
"Where's Rainstar?" Beechpaw whispered. Stormpaw's heart pounded. She pushed through the crowd, Tigerpaw and Beechpaw following close behind.
A battered black and white body lay in the middle of the crowd.
"Is he... dead?" Stormpaw breathed in horror.
Beechpaw shook his head. "Look, he's still breathing!" Rainstar's flank was rising and falling.
"Get out of my way!" Mossheart toward, pushing through the cats. Redpaw followed close behind, his green eyes wide.
"Greystream? What happened?" Stormpaw asked the grey tom. He was cinders in bloody wounds, like the other cats. "Was there a dog?"
Greystream shook his head. "It's that cat!" He growled, a hint of embarrassment in his voice. "It had dog claws. And there were two other cats with him. We weren't outnumbered, but we were beaten. Snowfeather was almost killed and Rainstar lost a life!"
"But..." Beechpaw's eyes widened. "That means he's on his last life!"
"I know," Greystream said. "This cat is more trouble than we thought."
"Will Rainstar be ok?" Tigerpaw asked.
"Of course. You know, he's just lying there because he's tired. I promise. In fact, he's the least injured out of all us." The grey tom soothed. Mossheart padded up to him.
"Rainstar just needs sleep. He's feeling great, just tired."
"Like I said..." Greystream purred.
"But I'll need to check your wounds. Come with me!"

*About two hours later*

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gayer beneath the High Rock!" Rainstar yowled.
"Looks like you joined CloudClan just in time, Stormpaw!" Tigerpaw whispered.
"Huh? Why?" Stormpaw asked, confused.
"Ssshhh!" Beechpaw hissed. "You'll see!"
"Firstly," Rainstar began, "as you all know, we went to the twolegplace to drive out a small tom who was troubling Sasha. We lost the fight."
Yowls of protest echoed through the camp.
"He had two other cats with him, and he had dog claws. But we still had one more cat than him, and we are disappointed to have lost the fight."
"It's not like a kittypet can fight," Tigerpaw hissed into his brothers ear. Stormpaw knew he was referring to Sasha.
"Although this is bad news, I have a warrior ceremony prepared!"
Beechpaw and Tigerpaw purred, their eyes gleaming with excitement. "This is what we meant! We passed out warrior access meant a day before you arrived!" Beechpaw whispered proudly.
"I, Rainstar call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these two apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the warrior code and all useful skills, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." Rainstar meowed loudly. "Beechpaw and Tigerpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
"I do." Beechpaw replied, tail twitching excitedly.
"I do." Tigerpaw meowed.
"Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Beechpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Beechfur. CloudClan values your intelligence and hunting skill, and we welcome you as a full member of CloudClan. Tigerpaw, you shall now be known as Tigerleap."
Beechfur's green eyes gleamed as Rainstar put his head on the brown toms, and he licked the leaders shoulder respectfully.
When Beechfur stepped back, Rainstar did the same with Tigerleap.
"Beechfur! Tigerleap!" The clan changed. Stormpaw cheered loudly, pride swelling in her chest for her friends.
This could be me, she thought. If I'd joined CloudClan a little earlier, I could've received my warrior name right now, too! After all, Beechfur and Tigerleap are only a moon older than me.

That was a pretty long chapter.
So, BeechxStorm or TigerxStorm?😏

EDIT: And that's it! Sorry it's not completed, I'm just publishing what I've got from 10 moths ago aha. That was really cringeworthy lmao hope you enjoyed 😂