Chapter 2

Berry's POV
"Berry, is it your wish to become a medicine cat apprentice of CloudClan?" Rainstar called through the soft rain.
"It is." Berry's heart pounded.
"Then, until you earn your full medicine cat name, you shall be known as Redpaw." Rainstar, a black and white tabby tom, declared. "Your mentor will be Mossheart, the medicine cat."
Redpaw touched noses with the tortoiseshell and white she-cat. He fur was damp from the rain, but her green eyes shone.
"Willow, is it your wish to become a warrior of CloudClan?"
"It is." Willow meowed confidently.
"Then, until you earn your full name, your name will be Stormpaw. I choose Greystream, your brother, to mentor you and teach you ways of CloudClan. Greystream, you are loyal and strong, and i hope that you will pass this knowledge onto Stormpaw."
Redpaw shuffled his paws, trembling with excitement and cold. Mossheart's warm tortoiseshell fur brushed his flank. It felt good to have the comforting body of an older cat caring for him again. He watched Stormpaw and Greystream touch noses.
"Sun, is it your wish to become a CloudClan warrior?" Rainstar's vouce rumbled through the lightly stormy clearing.
"Yes, it is." Sun's voice sounded shy and quiet, but her green eyes shimmered in the fiery orange sunset light.
"Then, until you are given your warrior name, you shall be known as Goldpaw. Nightfeather, your sister, will mentor you and teach you the ways of CloudClan. Nightfeather, you have proven yourself swift and respectful, and now I ask you to pass these skulls not Goldpaw."
The black she-cats light blue eyes were warm with pride as she leaned forward to touch noses with Goldpaw.
"Redpaw! Stormpaw! Goldpaw!"
The clan changed the three 'paws names loudly. Suddenly the rain grew harder, pounding onto the muddy ground. Drenched colourful pelts darted through the clearing, scrambling to the dens.
Mossheart nudged Redpaw's side, and he bounded after her into a hollow tree.

"This is the medicine cats den," Mossheart told Redpaw, shaking out her pelt. Redpaw copied her, sending glistening droplets flying into the air. "In CloudClan we have a lot of hollow trees. The medicine cat den, the leaders den and the nursery are all hollow trees."
Redpaw nodded, his green gaze flicking through the pile of herbs. "Am I going to start my training today?" He asked eagerly.
"No!" Mossheart purred. "It's time for you to get some rest. You've been traveling for three moons, am I right?"
Redpaw nodded.
"Well then. Wait while I make a nest for you." The dapple she-cat padded over to a large supply of moss. Redpaw hurried over to help her, feeling more than happy that he had found a new home together with his his littermates, Greystream and Nightfeather.