_05_

Minjoo watched from afar as Chaewon was eating with Yenaduring break time

during break time. How could a cold girl like her be friends with an outgoing person like Yena unnie? That thought filled up her mind.

"Unnie weren't you listening?" Yujin who sat in front of Minjoo turned back to look at the direction Minjoo was looking at.

Yujin let out a sigh as she knew who was it that Minjoo looked at. She waved her hand in front of Minjoo making her snapped out of it.

Right at the same time, Chaeyeon came along with Sakura bringing some food to eat. Yujin greeted them but not Minjoo. She's just staring at the food in front of her.

"Hey Minjoo, stop thinking about it. It has already been six years." Chaeyeon said when she noticed the gloomy atmosphere around the girl.

"How could I forget it unnie? It's the reason she became like that." Minjoo suddenly lose her appetite when she thought of the topic.

She looked at her kimchi and pushed it towards Hyewon who just sat next to her. Hyewon looked at Minjoo with a questioning face.

"This is your favourite flavour. Why give it to me?"

"I don't feel like eating."

Minjoo excused herself to the restroom and left the others worrying about her. She just went there to wash her face. Looking at her reflection, her own face made herself irritated.

Why didn't I stop her?

Feeling worn out, she head to the door only to be surprised by whom was also entering. She didn't spare a glance to Chaewon and quickly made her way to class but one thing she noticed was the weird aura surrounding Chaewon when she got past her. It gave out the chills.

---

Just like always, Minjoo walked her way home after finishing her shift at the convenience store. She wore her earphones and just stared at the ground while walking through an abandoned alley.

Not actually having any concious of her surroundings, she bumped into someone causing her to fall onto the ground. She tried to take a glimpse of the person but the lighting is not helping at all since it was already quite late. The only thing she could see was two figures with both having broad shoulders.

"Watch where you were going girl!" One of them shouted at Minjoo and stepped closer to her.

Minjoo being the scaredy cat she is can't even stand up because of how both the men surrounding her. She just prayed that something could happen to save her out of this situation.

"Oh, we're not going to let you go anywhere." Another one said as she heard the sound of one loading up a pistol.

Suddenly they heard the sound of clapping. Steps getting near as they could hear a snicker and the steps coming to a halt.

"I don't know that both of you have the guts to kill an innocent girl other than just robbing and hurting some people to get money."

A feminine voice that was very familiar for Minjoo.

"What do you want?" The guy said looking at the direction of the other girl.

Walking another few steps, she showed herself. A hoodie covering her head and a black mask to cover up her face.

"Well, I'm going to make you pay for whatever you have done." Her left hand pulled out something from the back pocket of her jeans.

"Oh you're not scaring us little kid."

One of them charged out to the hoodie girl only to be punched at the face sending him to the ground. His nose bleeding from the impact made the girl giggled. She kicked his stomach afterwards and the guy coughed out blood.

She looked at the other one signaling him to attack her but he pointed a pistol towards Minjoo.

Minjoo was taken aback but not the hoodie girl.

"Shoot her only if you want your brother here to well... you know what I mean." She is now holding a knife in one hand kneeling next to the beaten guy. The knife she's holding was at his neck.

"Chaewon don't do it!!" A sudden shout interupted the moment.

All of them looked at the girl running towards them. The guy who was with Minjoo quickly knocked her head making her unconcious and ran to his brother helping him up then escaped.

Chaewon just let them go since a certain duck just ruined it. She opened her mask and faced Yena.

"What was that for?!" Chaewon half-shouted making Yena flinched.

"I don't want you to be doing this thing again." Yena said her eyes full of concern.

"Too bad I have done many." Chaewon rolled her eyes.

Yena let out a sigh knowing there's no point on convincing Chaewon. Her eyes caught a girl who was already laying on the ground.

"Who's that?" Yena asked.

Chaewon looked at the girl's direction and faced something else. "It's Minjoo."

"What? How can she be here?!" Yena was clearly shocked knowing the girl's identity. Minjoo was quite well known at her school for being a visual goddess.

Chaewon just shrugged and told Yena to help her bring Minjoo to Chaewon's house.

"Sleep at my house. Help me take care of her." Chaewon said as she stepped on her motorcycle.

Yena nodded going inside her car and Minjoo was already put at the backseat of the car.