_12_

Minjoo was heading out of school when she suddenly received a call from someone

Minjoo was heading out of school when she suddenly received a call from someone. She was relieved when she saw the contact name. At least she knows the girl could still be reached.

"Yeoboseyo?" Minjoo said as she picked up the call.

"Joo-ya~" The sweet voice of Chaewon could be heard from the other end.

"Chae, are you okay?"

"I'm fine Joo." Chaewon giggled.

"Why are you not at school today? I was worried sick you know!"

"Jinjja? Wow, you're like a mom Joo. Worse than that ducky."

"Ugh, why do you call me?" She asked annoyed by the girl.

"I'll go to the convenience store later. Wait for me okay?"

"Ne~" Minjoo answered not aware that a smile already crept to her face.

And with that, the call was ended.

"Who was that?" Yujin just walked out of the gates giving a weird look at Minjoo who was still smiling while looking at her phone.

Startled by the girl, Minjoo put her hand on her chest and tried to calm down. "You almost gave me a heart attack! Geez, it was Chaewon."

"Minjoogatoo~" Yujin laughed knowing how the older was always like that.

"Ppali, I'm going to be late for my shift if we don't hurry." Minjoo said to Yujin as she walked ahead.

"Yahh! Wait for me unnie!!" Yujin ran to catch up with Minjoo who was already far from her.

Walking side by side with only both of them together, Yujin knows that this is a good time to ask her question. "Minjoo unnie?"

"Ne."

"I want to ask you something, can I?"

"What is it Yujinie?" Minjoo asked still focusing ahead.

"Why did you kept on thinking that everything that happen to Chaewon unnie is your fault?"

Minjoo was lost in words. She didn't know what to answer because herself also didn't know why she thinks like that.

"Hurm... it's just I feel like that." Minjoo said.

"You didn't even do anything wrong in the first place, right?"

Minjoo nodded. She was just a little kid who was about to go to middle school back then but she felt the weight of the fault in her back. It started when hearing her parents' conversation.

-

Minjoo just finished doing her homework and wanted to watch the tv in the living room. She was walking down the stairs when she suddenly heard shouting from her parents' room and decided to take a look through the door which was ajar.