_08_

"Can I be your friend?"

Chaewon was taken aback when she heard what Minjoo has asked her. What kind of question is that?

"Why? What's with this sudden question?"

Minjoo thought for a moment before continuing. "Because I want to be with you when you are down. That's what friends for right?" She smiled at Chaewon radiating a cheerful energy into the dull house.

Chaewon agrees that she does feel lonely sometimes without Yena checking on her. She could've died because of boredom inside the house.

It really has been forever since she interacted with people other than Yena and her friends. They hung out but Chaewon wasn't the talkative one. She didn't want to get attached to anyone other than her family.

An idea popped out in Chaewon's head making her grin. "Do you want to be my friend or do you want to be my baby?"

"What?! No, only friend!" Minjoo shouted out as her own self felt weird hearing that thing from Chaewon. "You enjoy teasing me, aren't you?"

"Maybe." Chaewon laughed seeing the girl's reaction as she took out a bandage from the aid kit and wrapped it around Minjoo's wounds.

"Chaewon-ssi, are you okay?" Minjoo asked out of nowhere.

Chaewon stayed silent, continuing on wrapping the bandage before standing on her feet. "There's a guest room next to my workroom, stay there for the night. I'll give you clothes later."

Minjoo knew that Chaewon was ignoring her question but she didn't want to push the latter. Maybe, it's not the time yet.

"Make yourself feel like home." Chaewon said as she went upstairs. She really doesn't want Minjoo to know about her, she doesn't want to look like a pathetic in front of people.

---

The sweet aroma made the sleeping girl woke up. Chaewon wondered who was cooking early in the morning. Like gurl, I rather stay in bed but food is life.

She left her bed with her hair still disheveled and went downstairs. She noticed that there was already a plate full of pancakes on the dining table.

Minjoo just got out of the kitchen and was surprised to see Chaewon there. "I was going to wake you up but since you are already here, let's eat!"

"When I said make yourself like home, I didn't mean like making breakfast." Chaewon folded her arms as she looked at Minjoo.

"I feel like making something for you because you let me stay at your house for the night. Enough talking, let's enjoy the food." Minjoo poured honey on top of the pancakes which was the last touch.