Opportunity.

"No don't wake her up

"No don't wake her up. You doing too much." Jurnee heard Jayla whisper making her open her eyes to see Janice about to shake her.

"What's wrong?" Jurnee asked sitting up.

"She came over here doing too much." Jayla said with annoyance laced in her voice.

"I'm not doing too much. Jurnee I'm going to tell you this one mo' 'gain. Don't take her out my house and not tell me. I'm case you haven't noticed, she's not grown. She's 16. So I need to know when she leaves my house."

"My bad. She called me crying." Jurnee stood up. "So I went to go get her. She was upset and me being the way that I am, I went to go get her before she had said anything to make the situation more that what it was."

"I understand that, but you're not her mother. If she felt some type of way about her not following my rules, she could have came to me."

"She couldn't though. You were the source of her anger and so she came to me and I calmed her down. Now, Jayla has been wanting to tell you things and I think y'all should do it. Right now." Jurnee looked at them.

"Do I pay you to sit in a chair and talk to me?" Janice asked cocking her head to the side.

"You need to." Jayla said making Janice snap her head in that direction.

"You need to learn to stay in a child's place."

"Don't do that." Jurnee shook her head. "You've been talking all this time. Shut up and let Jayla talk. Now, Jayla, tell your mom how you feel."

"Momma, I feel like you want to redo your life with me. You want me to be Janice and I can't be Janice. Janice and Jayla are two different people with two different personalities. Let me live and be free. I'm still a kid. I want to go outside and be with my friends. Not cooped up in the house reading books and playing servant and maid to you. That's not what kids do."

"I don't know what you're talking about 'playing maid and servant' to me. You have chores and you have to do them." Janice shrugged.

"I do do my chores! Cleaning up after myself then you make me clean up after you and whatever dude of the week you got over the house!" Jayla said and Janice sent a hard smack to her face.

"Janice no! Don't hit her!" Jurnee said getting between them.

Jurnee knew what Jayla was saying was true. Jayla always cleaned after herself. And her auntie was known to deal with multiple men in a short period of time.

"She's talking out the side of her fucking neck! Don't tell me what to do with my child! I'll whoop your ass too!"

Jurnee chuckled grabbing her phone to call her daddy.

"Good morning baby girl." he said once he answered.

"Good morning, daddy. Can you please come get your sister? I would hate it so very deeply if we was to fight because she just smacked my baby." she said looking at Jayla who was shaking and crying.

Since Jurnee was the only child, she hung onto Jayla. They were best friends because they were the only kids between their grandma's children.

"Give Janice the phone." he demanded and she did as told.

She took Jayla into the guest room while her dad gave Janice a mouthful.

"You're going to be okay. You can stay here for as long as you want. I won't make you go back with her. I'll take you to school and stuff."

"I don't want to live with her anymore." Jayla mumbled and Jurnee looked at her.

"That isn't my call. If she allows it, then you can stay here."

"Jurnee, let me talk to you." Janice said coming to the door.

"What's up?" Jurnee asked stepping out the room closing the door behind her.

"I'm sorry about everything that just happened. I don't know what's going on between us." she apologized.

"You should apologize to Jayla. She doesn't want to live with you anymore."

"Where is she going to go? Her daddy is no where to be found."

"I was thinking that she could just stay here for a whole, temporarily and then we see how she's feeling after that." Jurnee suggested and Janice agreed.

"I'll be back next week to see where we stand."

"Okay and Janice you should pay someone to sit in a chair and talk to you because you need it." Jurnee said walking her to the door.
£¥£
"How many people was in here last night?" Dre asked Rod looking around at the trashed house.

"I don't know but I had fun. You out?"

"Yeah. I'm about to go to the crib and get cleaned up then see if I can get Tyson from O3 into a session with my therapist."

Rod nodded agreeing. "That's good let me know how that goes."

"You know I will."

Dre left the house in his G-Wagon calling the therapy center.

"Destinee's Therapy Center, this is Meghan here to assist you." Meg answered and he chuckled.

"Meghan, it's Andre calling for Jurnee."

"Oh, hey. Let me switch you to her like right now." she said and the phone beeped.

"Jurnee Ali." Jurnee answered.

"NeNe." Dre chuckled causing her to smack her lips.

"How can I help you, Andre?"

"Nah, for real I have this kid that I want you to talk to for me. Help me, help him. You get what I'm saying?"

"I understand completely. I'm free Friday after four..how do you want this to happen?"

"Meet up with me at the 03 building. We can have the meeting in my office."

"O3 is the name of the building? What does that stand for?"

"My locations are all called 'Opportunity'. O is Opportunity. O2 is Opportunity 2 and O3 is Opportunity 3.

"Creative." she nodded writing it down. "Alright I'm there Friday at O3 building at around 4:30. Correct?"

"Yep. Thank you, Ms Ali."

"You're welcome, Dre." she hung up.

thank you for choosing my booki appreciate itthoughts?comments?

i appreciate it
thoughts?
comments?