I'm Going To Chicago

The clock ticking in Andre's office was all that could be heard other than Tyson and Jurnee's breathing while they say across from each other

This was Jurnee's third time coming here and he normally would talk but he had got into another fight today and wasn't speaking.

"I'm not mad that you got into a fight, but you are. Scream, punch the pillow, cuss. Since you won't walk, release your anger out using one or all those methods that I just gave you." she said standing to her feet and moving to the corner of the room.

Tyson watched her as she watched him. After a while, he grabbed the pillow and stared at it. Jurnee opened her mouth to say something but was cut off once Tyson swung through pillow against the wall.

"You stupid bitch." Tyson mumbled as he continues to beat the pillow as if it was the root to all his problems. Jurnee noted that.

"I hate you!" he punched it. "I fucking hate you! You can't even get yourself clean to help your fucking son Eve! I'm out here fighting all because you want to be a fucking junkie!" he screamed punching it more before breaking down onto the floor.

All the yelling caused Andre to enter the room but she quickly shoo'd him out the room before getting on the floor with Tyson.

"Tyson, this is bigger than me. I'm here to help but I think that you need to go to Trauma Systems Therapy. I know a great person in the building I work in who can help you. And if you need me to be in there with you, I'll be there." she grabbed his face making him look at her. "I want to help you be better, so please, trust me with this and getting you help."

Tyson didn't say anything for a while. "I get out of school at 2:30 basketball practice ends at 5. My grandma locks her door at 9."

"You'll be there from 5:30 to 6:30 leaving you plenty of time to do your homework and eat and shower. I'll get you your days."

Tyson got up and helped her up. "I appreciate it Ms J."

"That's what I'm here for." she said giving him a quick hug before he left out and Andre came in.

"So?"

"I'm sending him to Alisha. She'll be a great deal of help towards him."

"What type of therapist is Alisha?"

"Trauma." she said grabbing her things.

"Can we have one last session before I have to leave?"

She made a face. "I have you scheduled all the way until May."

"Nah, I'm going to Chicago for a while. They approved me for my building so I'm moving out there til OC is done."

"Wow so you're really not going to be my patient anymore?"

"Nope. I've grown and learned a lot. This session is quick."

She nodded. "What's on your mind?"

"I leave tonight. When I come back come on date with me?" he smiled.

"Woah there. You want to go on a date with me? Why?"

"Because you don't know or may not know what a big influence you've been on making me, me. I just want to thank you with a date."

"I'll think about it."

"And I'll hit you up a week before I come back to see if you made up your mind. I got a challenge for you."

She raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

"Don't let the negative, you saying no to my offer, over power the positive which is you saying yes to me." he cheesed making her laugh.

"I know you did not just not just do that to me." she laughed.

"I'm just using what I was taught." he smiled with a shrug. "Let me know how it goes next time I see you."
£¥£
"Duh you gon' say yes. You haven't had a boo in like three years." Jayla said as they rode to Jurnee's parents house.

"Girl, stop. I mean I have a while to think about it so I'm not rushing."

"You do not need a while to think. You just playing games like you slow or something. And we all know that you're far from it." Jayla huffed.

"Girl whatever. How's it been talking to your mom?"

"It's been okay. She hasn't been irritating me lately. She's more understanding which I'm happy about. She gon' be here?"

"Yep." Jurnee said pulling into the driveway. "It's a family dinner."

"Oowee that means Meg is coming." she danced in her seat as Meg's car pulled up blasting Captain Hook.

"I cannot take y'all and I will not." Jurnee shook her head getting out the car.

"Meg! You know somebody name Andre asked her on a date and she said she would think about it?!" Jayla aired her out as soon as Meg stepped out her car.

"Andre Summers?" Meg asked all dramatically.

"Yes child."

"Give me your phone. I'm gon' tell him yes for you." she said reaching for Jurnee's phone.

"What the hell y'all doing out here? Get in the house." Papa John said making them laugh before going into the house.

"Oowee. I smell cornbread. Auntie what you up in here throwing down?"

"Wash your hands and get out my kitchen. I made pot roast and, cabbage and cornbread." she said putting the food on the table.

"Ew, pot roast." Jurnee fake gagged.

"You don't eat nothing but is always eating something. I don't get that. You get that from your daddy." Mama Tae said waving her off.

Jurnee was close to both of her parents. She was raised how they were raised, in a home with both of the parents. She loved that she was able to be around and connect with both of them.

"I eat everything?" Papa John asked coming into the kitchen with Janice behind him.

Janice hugged Jayla making Jurnee smile. The temporary move in gave them both space and time to talk. Every mother and daughter had their moments, both good and bad.

thank you for choosing my book i appreciate it!questions?comments?

i appreciate it!
questions?
comments?