Part 1

The lawn of Sheesh Mahal was thronging with guests. It was a grand affair. Food and drinks flowed like river. The DJ energized the atmosphere with lively songs. There was not a single person who would find a fault with the Raizada's hosting skills. As people were getting to know each other, surprising relations seemed to be popping up. Who knew that Mr. Malhotra's son had been to the same college as Mrs. Kashyap, albeit a year later?

'These people who are being so caring for one another would not think a second before taking the same person down if it helped elevate themselves', she mused. Her head was beginning to throb due to the constant music. She needed a drink.

As she headed to the bar, her mind wondered to the beautiful lady in the blush red saree. 

She had been a very gracious host throughout, fleeting from group to group, inquiring whether they had something to eat or drink - all the while a broad smile plastered on her face. Well she should be happy, after all the party was in her honour. Her brother had brought Sheesh Mahal for her after all !

"One virgin mojito please",she ordered having reached the bar.

"A virgin mojito", came a husky voice.

She turned to see who it was and was greeted with a man dressed in a black suit. He was the guy who had been seen talking to every second girl in the party. Thinking he was trying to evaluate his chances on her, she snapped.

"Your charm won't work here Mister. So kindly try your luck elsewhere.", she said folding her arms her stance defensive.

"Excuse me?", he asked. He was dumb struck at her beauty and could not find enough words to express his shock.

"Excused. You see a beautiful girl and you start hitting on her ? I've seen you talking to every single woman in this party. Are these your manners?", she humphed.

"If someone heard you they would think you are my wife. Jealousy and all.". he smirked mirroring her stance. The red and white anarkali doing little justice to her beauty.

"Jealous ?", she squeaked.

"Yes, Miss ...", he trailed hoping she would tell her name.

"You.."

The waiter saved the day by getting two drinks. They took their respective drinks and turned to resume their quarrel. But it looked like the heavens wanted them to stop. A lady came limping slightly and placed her arm around his.

"Chotte, you're here? I have been looking for you all over. Oh you've met her?", she asked. Seeing their baffled looks, she realized they were not acquainted with each other.

"Chotte this is Khushi Kumari Gupta, Shashi uncle's daughter. Khushiji this is my brother, Arnav Singh Raizada. And I'm Anjali Jha, his Di.", she smiled away.

So he was the man who had whisked the Sheesh Mahal Project from the Guptas.

So she was the woman from whose brother he had stolen the project, he smirked.

A weight lifted from her heart upon hearing that the woman who had been clinging to him was his sister. Anjali took away her brother. Something told Khushi this would not be the last time she was meeting him. As she turned to the bar, she saw him turn and mouth the words "Laters".

Sigh.

She knew she could not pursue it, whatever this thing was.

There would be no 'Laters', she sighed.

                                                                                               ******

Just tried something. Hope you guys like it.

Please drop in your thoughts !