2 ; best friends

The classroom was filled with chatter as the class they were in commenced. The students were happy, and smiling.

There were two, that were out of the ordinary.

A messy, green haired boy was muttering to himself as he scribbled words into his notebook titled Hero Analysis for the Future Vol. 13.

Sitting next to him was a dark blue haired girl, smiling as she watched the boy talk to himself as he went into serious analysis mode.

"Midoriya-kun!" Miku whispered, shoving her best friend on the desk next to her.

Izuku Midoriya looked up from his endless mumbling, and his pencil in which he was using to write notes dropped to the floor.

"You were being super loud again, Midoriya-kun! You always mutter a lot like that!" Miku said, giggling.

Izuku scratched the back of his head as he laughed sheepishly.

"I told you not to call me Midoriya, Miku. We're really good friends, we don't need formalities, really!" Midoriya assured her.

Miku smiled at him, leaning over towards him.

"But Midoriya-kun, I really respect you! The amount of hero analysis you do is incredible!" Miku squealed.

Midoriya's face went red as he stammered like a goldfish from the sudden compliment. Another student from beside them snickered.

"Hero analysis? You two don't even have quirks!" He jeered, gesturing towards Midoriya and Fujin.

Midoriya just looked to the ground as he covered his face with his hands. Miku took notice, and immediately forced the vanishing smile on her face to shine brighter.

"But C/N-kun, having no quirks means we can learn much more from looking at and analyzing what pro heroes do, so we can train our physical abilities to their fullest potential! Even if we don't have the same abilities, we can all still become heroes!" Miku cheered, standing up and pumping her fist in the air.

"Quiet down, everyone." The teacher called.

Everyone went deadly silent. The dark blue haired girl's face flushed red as she saw everyone in the classroom staring intently at her. Miku's hand fell to her side as she sat down in her seat.

"So, let's talk about schools." The teacher announced, his face dead serious.

The students felt tense as they watched his movements. When suddenly, a perky smile lit up his face.

"I honestly don't think you guys need to talk about anything cause you're all going to take the hero course, aren't you?" He screamed.

And the whole class agreed with him when they simultaneously raised their hands, and started cheering and clapping and yelling, showing off their impressive quirks.

Miku and Izuku both gave each other a oh-well look as they both weakly raised their hands up too.

"I don't even know why you're putting me in the same class as these losers." A voice said.

The teacher looked towards the ash blonde haired boy who said that, as did the whole class.

"Do you really think you're better than us, Bakugou?" A bunch of them yelled.

The boy smirked, before standing up on the table and letting off a small explosion.

"Who cares? If you extras get to be a sidekick for some D-list hero, you'll be lucky. As for me, I'll surpass even the greatest of the greatest, All Might!" He gloated.

"Oh yeah. Bakugou, you're trying for the hero course at UA high school, aren't you?" The teacher questioned, looking towards his papers he threw away a while ago.

"Really? The national school? The acceptance rate of that school is under 0.2%!" A few of the boys in the class grumbled.

"They'd be idiots not to accept me. I aced the mock test, and I'm powerful enough to defeat anyone that wants to stand in my way!" Bakugou yelled, crouching on his desk, proud and smirking.

"Wait. Izuku Midoriya and Miku Fujin are trying for the UA Hero course as well, I presume?" The teacher asked.

The class's noise levels suddenly went from hyper to not even a pin drop. Bakugou was frozen in place as he slowly turned to face the two embarrassed and scared students behind him.

"You two? Attending UA?" Bakugou growled.

The two of them leaned back in their seats as the people around them laughed.

"You two are quirkless! AHAHAHAHAHA!" The other students jeered.

"To be fair, the system was changed, so even the quirkless can try! There's nothing wrong with at least trying, right Izuku-kun?" Miku stated defensively.

Izuku nodded as Bakugou started visibly shaking.

"I'LL KILL YOU, DEKU!" Bakugou screamed, scaring Izuku so badly he jumped right out of his seat.

Miku rushed to his side to try and help him, instead getting pushed to the back by Bakugou. Her head hit the wall as she looked up to see Bakugou corner her, his hand letting off smoke, right next to her face.

Her cheeks flushed as she tried to form coherent words as he leaned in.

"You... you're too close, Bakugou-senpai..." Miku mumbled.

He immediately started screaming.

"I told you to stop calling me your stupid senpai! You idiots don't ever listen!" He shouted.

Izuku put a hand on Bakugou's shoulder, before trying to get him away from Miku.

"Stop it! You're scaring her!" He muttered.

Miku's eyes were brimming with the slightest hint of tears, and her mouth was curled into a frown. But she looked up at the two boys with a happy smile.

"It's okay! I'm not scared, Izuku-kun!" Miku cheered happily.

Bakugou smirked.

"Deku and his little quirkless girlfriend. What the power couple." He growled lowly.

Miku's breath hitched in her throat.

"It's not like that at all! You've got it all wrong! I don't like Izuku-kun that way, Bakugou-senpai!" Miku yelled, her voice strained.

"I don't care, loser. All I know is that I will be getting into UA, and you two will probably die during the entrance exam. You two are a waste of my time." Bakugou sneered.

Miku lowered her head as Izuku grit his teeth, reaching out for her hand.

She didn't react when Izuku gripped her fingers, and intertwined hers with his.

But she bowed, exactly 90 degrees.

And she mumbled out the words,

"I'm so sorry for wasting your time, Bakugou-senpai."

And this time, he didn't scream at her for calling him that.

~

yAs bakubae! anyway, does anyone else have the problem of not being able to see statistics for this book? Idk if it's just me haha