8 ; acceptance

The exams were over in a flash. Although Midoriya's arms and legs were broken, Recovery Girl, the school's nurse, healed him up in a flash with her quirk. Miku was worried at first, but once Izuku showed no signs of serious injuries, she let herself relax.

When they left the facility, she was scared by the look on his face. He looked disappointed, and sad. She didn't see that much from Izuku Midoriya. He was a happy, smiley, cinnamon roll of a boy. He didn't let sadness get to him.

She asked him how many points he thought that he'd gotten. He didn't respond, and avoided the question with a "my mom need's me home soon to see if I'm injured" excuse.

She knew she'd at least gotten 20 points or so, but she didn't know exactly how many points the others had. It seemed that Lady Luck wasn't looking out for her. She heard someone yell that they had 40 points, and that was double of what she had.

She sighed as she racked a hand through her hair, resting as she sat on her bed. Waiting. It'd already been a week. If the letter didn't come, she might not even have gotten into UA.

She was scared.

A phantom touch seemed to drag the corners of her lips down. Panic rushed through her body. She touched the stitched smile on her dark blue haired doll.

And imitated it.

"HONEY!" Her mom yelled.

She immediately reacted, running outside her room as she saw her mother holding a letter with a red seal stamped upon it. Her mother was giving her a small smile, as of encouraging her to open it.

"Can I open it up in my room?" Miku asked, before her mom nodded and smiled.

Miku walked into her room, and shut the door behind her. She turned on her phone, her heart pounding in her chest. She quickly opened up Izuku's contact and started texting him.

Izuku-Kun😁

Hey Izu-Kun! It's Miku. Hope you're feeling better!

Also, did you get your UA entrance letter today? I just got mine! I'm honestly too scared to open it heh

She was sort of worried when Izuku didn't text back. Usually he responded to her messages in about a minute after she sent them. It was unusual behavior, coming from Izuku. Suddenly, she felt her phone vibrate as she got a text back.

Izuku-Kun😁

Hi Miku! I just got mine as well. I'm nervous to open it too. I know the results, to be honest.

Huh? What do you mean?

I...

Didn't get any points.

What? You took down that big robot though! How do you have no points?

That's the whole point. My quirk is really new to me. It manifested not too long ago.  I used all of my power to take down the big robot. I didn't even take out any other robots.

Izu-Kun... you know what? I'm writing a letter to UA.

What? Why?

I'm begging for your acceptance.

What? They're not going to accept me!